Weight loss after spaying

Mahurboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

My 8 months old boy had a spaying surgery last week, went well. He was completely fine after the surgery, ate well, was also active. He was 4.8 kg before the surgery, and today I put him on scale, he is 4.6 kg. Is it fine to have small shifts in the weight, or should I take him to the vet?
He is eating normal and active so much.

cheers,

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is still eating normally and not hiding he should be fine. How does the neutering site look? Not swollen or red or oozing? If not, just wait a couple of weeks and weigh him again. Boys usually come through this with no problem. Thank you for giving him a much better life!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I agree with di and bob di and bob . But, was the same scale used for both weigh-ins? If not, that could explain the variance. Depending on the type of scale you are using, it never hurts to do two weigh-ins back to back, to confirm the weight. So, weigh him again now, and then in about a week - on the same scale you used to weigh him at 4.6Kg.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.2 kg could be chalked up to normal variations. Is he eating normally? If he loses any more, talk to the vet, but for now I think it's nothing to worry about.