Weight Control Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Creepyowl
I do keep track of everything, you gotta when following Weight Watchers.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been doing ok today, of course I've been sleeping, can't eat much while sleeping
Sorry, I forgot you were doing Weight Watchers!

I think I mentioned before but in case I didn't here goes! I don't want to offend anyone, because I realize different things work for different people. But I never had any luck with the modern day weight watchers plans.

Hang in there everyone!

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, what plan are you on?

Regarding the weight watchers, I have been on it before and it worked for me, I just couldn't stick to it very long and it cost to much. Other then that I did lose weight, and know other people who did as well! If we had the money to do it we probably would, but hopefully this works the same.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by chixyb
Oh wow, what plan are you on?

Regarding the weight watchers, I have been on it before and it worked for me, I just couldn't stick to it very long and it cost to much. Other then that I did lose weight, and know other people who did as well! If we had the money to do it we probably would, but hopefully this works the same.
I found out I was diabetic the first of February and went to a dietician to get started on a diabetic diet. So that is what I am on!

I lost some weight many years ago, on weight watchers. It's just the new plans I haven't had any luck with! I think they have too much freedom of choice for me. I may just be one of those folks who can't eat whatever I want even in moderation!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm...I get:

Breakfast...yeh RIGHT.

Lunch....ummmmm.....sure...Lunch is a concept....or a quick bite between meetings.

Dinner...Lean Cuisine

Snack before bed: DanActive

Katie

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WOOHOO

This is my first week on Dr. Phils, and I lost 4.5 pounds!!!
I also went down about 5 inches, and about .9 body fat.

I don't expect this every week, usually first weeks lose more then normal because some is water weight and I was just used to eating like double the amount I am now, I don't mind, I am so happy that I am finally losing weight!!!

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel sooo fat... I looked in the mirror today, saw my own reflection and I look realllly fat....

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by chixyb
WOOHOO

This is my first week on Dr. Phils, and I lost 4.5 pounds!!!
I also went down about 5 inches, and about .9 body fat.

I don't expect this every week, usually first weeks lose more then normal because some is water weight and I was just used to eating like double the amount I am now, I don't mind, I am so happy that I am finally losing weight!!!
Congratulations! Way to go, keep up the good work!

linda_of_pgff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Katie,

My heavens, we are VERY alike. I don't think that I eat a lot too much or even much of the wrong stuff (though I admit to a sweet tooth). It's the TIMING of my eating that is the worst! :-)

I have been trying to do better about ALWAYS getting breakfast, before leaving for work. But lunches and snacks are things to put off until I just get this article done, or that bit of code debugged. And since I work late hours, dinner is often around 8 or 9 pm. NOT good for burning calories, or for keeping the metabolism tuned up.

But I have, thanks to the good encouragement of everyone on here, been drinking water more than visiting the snack bar lately. And these posts have got me heading to the treadmill tonight (THANKS ALL!!). Yeah, it IS 9:56 or so, but, hey, tomorrow's Saturday.

I'm DETERMINED to be able to fit into some of the clothes that I love in my closet, again!!!!!!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, you guys are doing great!

As I've posted before, I did WW and loved it. I was successful, but I went 'off' before I hit my goal. I was able to maintain pretty well, I put on about 8 lbs in 2 years.

I recently bought the DR PHIL books and I love them. My favorite part is you can incorporate what he does right in with WW. You can eat what he says, but still count points as accountability.
I dropped 7 lbs in about 2 weeks.

I went off a little last week, its PMS time for me! But I'm back to following it ,and already feeling great!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by kateang
I feel sooo fat... I looked in the mirror today, saw my own reflection and I look realllly fat....
Kate, I feel the same way - I hate looking in the mirror.

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I've been sick and just down for the past 2 weeks. But I weighted in Saturday morning and lost the 1.2 pounds I gained while I was sick. It made me feel a lot better.

I bought a bag of chips today, but on the good side I didn't eat them. There are still sitting here closed up!!

Well here is too a good week of dieting!!!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats everyone for watching what you eat and trying to make healthy choices!

Since I started my new job, I have lost a total of 11 pounds. I started a more controlled eating plan in the New Year, but moving that body is the key! At work, 70% of my job keeps me on my feet and moving around. So on top of having a new job, I get a daily workout as a bonus! Also, I focus on only eating carbs before 2 pm and stick to having a salad or soup and protein source for my dinner. Basically, my meals revolve around a 40% carbs, 40% proteins, 20% fats formula. Now that I have adjusted to my work schedule, I will also start an exercise/weight resistance program. I'm not concerned at all by what the scale reads, but what body fat percentage I measure. So I don't say I want to be 140 pounds by May, since it's the body fat percentage that is the main concern.

Also, I easily consume 6 glasses of water at work. Then I have another 2 - 3 cups at home. In the fridge I only have OJ, water and home made ice tea. I totally watch the sugar content in all foods and try to focus on eating the purest form of each food and introduce as much variety as possible in my weekly meal plans. Then, Saturday is my 'reward' day and if I want pizza or take out, I go for it.

Good luck everyone on your goal to a healthy body and eating routine!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How keen am i!!!.

With being off over the easter i went out with the office on the thursday night where i would normally get the munchies late on but i saved some points and had a ww pizza when i got in!.

Recovered on the friday, in the gym saturday,and again on monday.

I could have murdered some chocolate over the weekend though with all the talk of easter eggs

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I lost another 3.5 pounds!!! Thats a total of 8 in two weeks. I also lost 2.5 inches!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go chixy!!!

What's your secret?

I've lot a little over 3 lbs in 2 weeks....not too slim yet, but I guess every little bit helps right?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go!

I also lost 3lbs! Yay!

I have been more conscious of what I eat lately, ie, salads, etc. (baby spinach salads, etc) And hubby wants to join me so it makes it easier to make meals because I was making 2 different meals for us - he even wants to eat less red meat which is perfectly fine with me as I don't want to eat red meat all the time like we did before.

I also have a workout plan formulated for me and I am starting this on Monday. Yay!

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Way to go chixy!!!

What's your secret?

I've lot a little over 3 lbs in 2 weeks....not too slim yet, but I guess every little bit helps right?
I am on the Dr. Phil Wight loss plan! I have only lost this much because it is my first 2 weeks, so my body is still getting used to such a smaller amount of calories. 3 lbs loss in 2 weeks is better then gain! Good job both of you!!!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chixyb

I lost another 3.5 pounds!!! Thats a total of 8 in two weeks. I also lost 2.5 inches!
Good for you!
I told you you'd lose quickly on that plan!

For those of you who didn't see the post, the Dr. Phil plan she described in an earlier post is almost exactly the same as my diabetic excahnge diet.

I've lost another 2 lbs and am down by 40 lbs now. I had to wait until all the edema was gone from my new heart condition to tell. I may have lost a little more but I still have a little bit of edema left.

Status
Not open for further replies.