Weight Control Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

blossom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please don't anyone waste money on fads and medicines. If they worked there would be no overweight folk in the world. The only way to lose is to cut calories and excercise. I did it and lost 55 pounds. That was several years ago, and I went back to eating too much and gained most of it back. This spring I'm going to try again. I'm glad to find this thread. Good luck all.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Blossom
Please don't anyone waste money on fads and medicines. If they worked there would be no overweight folk in the world. The only way to lose is to cut calories and excercise. I did it and lost 55 pounds. That was several years ago, and I went back to eating too much and gained most of it back. This spring I'm going to try again. I'm glad to find this thread. Good luck all.
Ahh, if that was directed to me, Metformin is an anti-diabetic drug that I take to control my blood sugar, and I was just wondering if it makes it harder to lose weight or not, but thanks for your concern !
Glad to see you here and welcome !

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kitten, CONGRATS!!!! That is so great about your loss!

Jeeper, I cannot believe you are biking so many miles!! That is amazing, I wish I was up to doing that much exercise. Way to go!

And Creepyowl, good luck at your meeting!!

I'm doing pretty good! Just been doing the workout tapes we got with the program my fiance bought. And of course watching what I'm eating. I haven't weighed myself yet since I started last Thursday but I think I'm not even going to for a few weeks. I feel great though, it just makes me feel good when I have done some exercise in the morning. I'm definitely doing better with the exercise than I am the eating. There is no specific diet to follow, just suppossed to eat healthier, etc. but I really crave sweets and so I need to work on that.

Keep up the awesome work everyone! I love hearing about everyone's progress, and I think it'll help me as well to post updates here.

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeeper, I cannot believe you are biking so many miles!! That is amazing, I wish I was up to doing that much exercise. Way to go!
According to the computer thingee that measures the distance I've pedalled I've done 110 miles in a week. I think the reason I've managed it is cos I watch TV whilst I pedal, takes my mind off it! I'm aiming for anything between 100 - 140 miles a week.

Just been doing the workout tapes
I cannot do those tapes at all!!! I think I'm allergic to aerobics

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by KittenKrazy
BTW, didn't I read where one of you guys on this board takes Metformin? If so, how much does it affect your abilty to lose weight?
I think you are thinking of another member, but I did post that I had taken metformin in the past, it did not help me lose weight but does for many folks. I've had far better success with following Carbohydrateaddicts Lifespan Program. Keep in mind that my reason for taking it was not for tx of diabetes, but an ancillary use of this drug.

I'm pleased to say the 3+ lbs. I gained over the holidays (poor balance at my dinners) are now gone and I've seen new lows the past two days

Going just by my daily wt. this am, I've now lost 63 lbs.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Creepyowl
I gained 2 pounds
I'm sorry to hear that!! There are lots of *reasonable* explanations for this, though. Probably the best one I know is that if you changed your way of eating, especially cutting down on how much you are consuming, drastically, the body is going to think that it's a famine and try to store as much as possible. Once it gets used to the new way of eating, it will burn off.
The body doesn't undersand logic sometimes.

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I weighed this morning and I've lost 2.5kg which is roughly 5 and a half pounds.

Creepyowl - I'm sorry it didn't go so well this week, I'm sure Valanhb is right, you just need to give yourself time to adjust to the new diet. All I can say is that KittenKrazy gave me some advice we should probably all take

Just remember, you're only a loser if you give up the fight completely, so don't despair, just keep trying. Besides, if you're like me, it didn't grow here overnight, I don't guess we can expect it to go away overnight either, but one can dream, can't they ?
It may take longer to do it sensibly but we have more chance of it being a permanent

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by jeeperscat
Well, I weighed this morning and I've lost 2.5kg which is roughly 5 and a half pounds.

Creepyowl - I'm sorry it didn't go so well this week, I'm sure Valanhb is right, you just need to give yourself time to adjust to the new diet. All I can say is that KittenKrazy gave me some advice we should probably all take
Sorry Creepy, maybe next week will be better, don't let it discourage you.

Jeepers--that particular piece of wisdom was passed on to me by my online diet buddy, I find it helps a lot when I'm ready to throw in the towel

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and I guess I should confess my sins, I was pysically assaulted, molested even, at the grocery store Monday at lunch........by a rogue Twix bar that forced me to buy it and eat it or it threatened to hurt my family ! LOL, sorry, couldn't resisit that one.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by jeeperscat

Just remember, you're only a loser if you give up the fight completely, so don't despair, just keep trying.
I thought I was being original with my mantra, oh well

My version is that the only way I'll fail is if I quit.

best wishes to all for a good weekend,

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by KittenKrazy
Oh, and I guess I should confess my sins, I was pysically assaulted, molested even, at the grocery store Monday at lunch........by a rogue Twix bar that forced me to buy it and eat it or it threatened to hurt my family ! LOL, sorry, couldn't resisit that one.
I told you to stay away from those Twix bars!! They are a bad influence on you! Now next time just run away!!! RUN RUN RUN!!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That rogue Twix bar got me thinking of my grocery store, where a guy in the bakery literally runs around with a wheeled cart pedaling fresh-baked bread. I swear, he would find me EVERY time I was in the store. Saying "no thanks" was tough, too.

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I was kind of depressed after my 2 lbs gain. I smoked up and got the munchies. I'm out of the stuff now, so no more of that means no more of munchies.

Going to try really hard this week. I'm signing up at the pool across the street so I can go swimming and they have a little gym where I will use the tread mill.

I think if I start the excercising more it will be good. I would take walks outside, but its been too :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: cold this past month!!

So wish me more luck. I think I'm gonna need it. WW this time seems harder for me and I don't know why.

And no more
.......except on my one cheat day that I save my points up for.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Creepyowl
So I was kind of depressed after my 2 lbs gain. I smoked up and got the munchies. I'm out of the stuff now, so no more of that means no more of munchies.

Going to try really hard this week. I'm signing up at the pool across the street so I can go swimming and they have a little gym where I will use the tread mill.

Sometimes I just remind myself it's a one meal, one day at a time situation. You can do anything one moment at a time! Swimming is such a wonderful, all-over exercise...enjoy! I'm sure it will help you with weight loss as you build more calorie burning muscle

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday (the 30th)? It was titled "Inside the Human Body" and really very informative. They showed how fat smoking, drinking, not exercising, etc etc can affect your body. They also showed a 5lb tube of human fat and said "Imagine that all over your body: back stomach, legs" It was really gross to see it outside your body b/c if it's hidden it doesn't affect you that much, whereas if you see it out front in the open, you are more likely to do something about it. You can go to www.oprah.com and just look at past shows, for Jan 30th. They have pictures and everything (just a warning, it's pretty graphic!). I have decided that I am going to start Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge, and starting monday, exercising, and eating right. I would start tomorrow, but I'm on call and therefore can't really leave the house and I'm not exercising in front of everyone! lol Nope! So Monday it is! Wish me luck!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm not grossed out by the images
thought they were quite interesting and they didn't put me off my breakfast. I just wonder where he brought them all from?

I'm joining the weight loss group here btw.

I'm Anne and I'm overweight
I gained over 80 pounds (yes, eighty) in the past 5 years. It's now two and a half months past my c-section, and as I'm not planning on getting pregnant again in the next 5 years (at least), I think it's time to get back in shape and lose all the extras I'm carrying.

Going to start today by going to the gym
I plan on going twice a week in the coming month, and then maybe increasing to three times a week. My main problem is time, or rather lack of. With two babies at home + work, I am going to have to literally squeeze exersice into my schedule. I won't be going on a regular weight loss diet though. I'm breastfeeding tandem and it takes up to 1000 calories a day just to do that. Which means I feel hungry all the time and would find it hard to resist food. Also, I don't want to hurt the quality of my milk so I'm wary of dieting right now. I will try to drink more water and maybe shift my diet to a healthier direction.

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, Anne, breast feeding 2??? Isn't it a little difficult? I'm just curious.....lol. My sis found one bad enough! But then being older than 23, I'm sure you've found a few tips along the way to make it easier! lol

CreepOwl, I thought the same thing but then I thought it was kind of interesting too. Not that I could ever do something like that for a real job....lol

Anne, I think Dr. Oz is an autopsy doctor (not sure what exactly you call it, but it's 3am here, so you'll have to make up your own word!), and that's how he was able to get all the organs and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.