Weekends Away

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
We had 6 ferals who lived outside in our back yard and we took inside our home 2 of the ferals. They have been inside for about 3 to 4 weeks. We can pet them, play and they enjoy rubbing up against us and seeing us. They enjoy alone time as well.
In the summer's we go to our beachhouse on the weekends. We are renting our beachhouse for 5 weeks this summer, we will be home in NY then. The rest of the summer we will be at jersey shore
Last summer, we had someone from an agency who always fed and gave water to our ferals outside, now out of the 6, 2 are inside, what do we do when we are away on the weekends. The 2 hide from others and will not play with any body else. So, we will have the agency come again and come inside to care for the 2, the issue that I'm aving is
1. No one else can pet or play with them
2. They will be lonely

We are going to use the agency, and the girls will give food water and help do the litter boxes.

If we could, we def would take them with us, we cant bc doors are open alot and its on bay.

Last edited:

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
We had 6 ferals who lived outside in our back yard and we took inside our home 2 of the ferals. They have been inside for about 3 to 4 weeks. We can pet them, play and they enjoy rubbing up against us and seeing us. They enjoy alone time as well.
In the summer's we go to our beachhouse on the weekends. We are renting our beachhouse for 5 weeks this summer, we will be home in NY then. The rest of the summer we will be at jersey shore
Last summer, we had someone from an agency who always fed and gave water to our ferals outside, now out of the 6, 2 are inside, what do we do when we are away on the weekends. The 2 hide from others and will not play with any body else. So, we will have the agency come again and come inside to care for the 2, the issue that I'm aving is
1. No one else can pet or play with them
2. They will be lonely

We are going to use the agency, and the girls will give food water and help do the litter boxes.

If we could, we def would take them with us, we cant bc doors are open alot and its on bay.
I would contact your veterinarian's reception desk for a contact name for a cat sitter. It sounds like you have 4 ferals (feed outside) and 2 semiferals (feed indoors, scoop litter, and need some playtime). Sometimes you can get cat sitters who house sit as well, in case you feel better having someone there to keep an eye on your pets and your home. The best cat sitters are people who love kitties and will gladly give your pets some affection. I hope this helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes great