Week 5 without Mouse

Nemo1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had I known last August, that that would be our last August together - I would have taken more photos, saved more whiskers, and watched more movies to get even more lap time. Not that I ever turned him away when he wanted attention - I didn't. That's another thing that's hard - when I look at the date stamps on the photos --- at the time they were taken I had no idea that in X months he'd be gone forever. This year, from February thru about April I actually went through an unusual dry spell as far as photo-taking, and in hindsight that makes me so sad. I had always wanted 18 or 20 years, which isn't unrealistic for a housecat who is well cared for. Never in a million years did I think he'd be gone in 12. The emotional waves have settled into this low-range constant ache, the crying spells are more brief, but I'm still not "okay enough" to watch any of his old, funny videos. My favorite one is from about 2016 when he learned how to open "people doors" (in addition to the kitchen cabinets and dressers) which meant no room was safe from his investigation. :hearthrob::hearthrob: He was too smart to stay ahead of! I'm hoping the next few weeks get better and that by October I've got a new little buddy to pour into all over again.
Many people don't understand that love is love no matter on "whom" you apply it. And often, animals give much more love in return than do humans. Anyone who can't appreciate this truth is themselves inhumane. I stay away from such people. My condolences to you. Losing a "fav. pet" never gets easier, they give more than we do though. God gave us animals to teach us how to humanely treat other people. So far, "humans" have a way to go in learning that lesson. I'm glad to see the Cat Site tries to help with "all-things-cat". 🙏

marshmallow2013

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Had I known last August, that that would be our last August together - I would have taken more photos, saved more whiskers, and watched more movies to get even more lap time. Not that I ever turned him away when he wanted attention - I didn't. That's another thing that's hard - when I look at the date stamps on the photos --- at the time they were taken I had no idea that in X months he'd be gone forever. This year, from February thru about April I actually went through an unusual dry spell as far as photo-taking, and in hindsight that makes me so sad. I had always wanted 18 or 20 years, which isn't unrealistic for a housecat who is well cared for. Never in a million years did I think he'd be gone in 12. The emotional waves have settled into this low-range constant ache, the crying spells are more brief, but I'm still not "okay enough" to watch any of his old, funny videos. My favorite one is from about 2016 when he learned how to open "people doors" (in addition to the kitchen cabinets and dressers) which meant no room was safe from his investigation. :hearthrob::hearthrob: He was too smart to stay ahead of! I'm hoping the next few weeks get better and that by October I've got a new little buddy to pour into all over again.
I am deeply sorry for the loss of beloved boy, Mouse. My boy Mittens passed away on Halloween, at age 12 also. I couldn’t imagine for an indoor cat living such a short life. I’m still struggling with each day without him. Sending you hugs. You are a great artist. I love the portrait. It is beautiful just like your sweet boy. ❤