Website vs Forum Apps

kokocats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm new to The Cat Site. Most of the time I'll access the site using my mobile phone. Using the site's mobile version seems quite efficient, but I was wondering about external forum apps like Tap-a-Talk or ForumRunner. Do you recommend either? Are you shying away from Tap-a-Talk? Do you run the necessary plug-in for ForumRunner?

Just a few minutes ago I tried making this post using Tap-a-Talk. So far, the thread hasn't posted. This time I'm using the mobile version of the TCS webpage.

Thanks for your insight and technical expertise.

Joe

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi Joe and welcome to TCS! 

We used to have a Tap-a-talk version but since we switched to our custom-made mobile version, no apps are supported anymore. It's not a plug-in issue per se because TCS isn't run on Vbulletin or any of the other common forum platforms. Adjusting to one of these apps would take custom coding and with a great mobile version, there simply isn't a need.

What I did is I dragged the homepage from my phone browser to the main page of the phone, so I can just open TCS directly on my phone without having to type in the site address.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kokocats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anne, Many thanks for your reply. I agree the mobile version of the site is excellent. Joe