We thought we'd never do this...

kittica

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...but the other day, it just happened - we ordered it. Today it was delivered. And now, Sarma Kittica is in love with it:

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your kitty enjoys it. There's nothing like a good tall piece of cat furniture for a cat (or most cats anyways).

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Looks great!

I really like those, and they consume less space and are more attractive than a lot of free standing trees as well.

Unfortunately, my ceilings are very tall and in some places angled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittica

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Walmart had it, with free shipping as well. It shipped from some othore store (CNS? CS.. something?) and it came out to be around $74. Reasonable.

She really loves it, to the point where she skipped sleeping with us last night. We missed her!
She also wasn't too interested in breakfast this morning - there was so much running and climbing to do instead.

I sure do hope she comes back to her doggy-shaped bed in our bed, though.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just love that!!! I have vaulted ceilings that slant upward. Wonder if it would work? My cats would have a ball on something like that

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About the ceiling-my brother hooked up a angled custom built wood block and drilled into the stud above VERY little "damage" and I was able to get a tree like this on it. We moved and filled hole in no problem.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can get similar ones here at WalMart for $49.99 or at Zellers for $69.99. Not quite as fancy but the cats approve

I love them and plan on getting another for the kitchen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittica

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some days later - she still more than just approves!

She's learned how to climb it since - in the beginning, I was about ready to go buy a bunch of pillows for extra padding at the bottom. However, even though she got close a few times, she didn't fall down.

All in all, she's a lot happier kitty now. She's better with her food, too, and she's turning into a lean, muscular being. I'm a lot less worried about her possible flab now!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittica

Some days later - she still more than just approves!

She's learned how to climb it since - in the beginning, I was about ready to go buy a bunch of pillows for extra padding at the bottom. However, even though she got close a few times, she didn't fall down.

All in all, she's a lot happier kitty now. She's better with her food, too, and she's turning into a lean, muscular being. I'm a lot less worried about her possible flab now!
it looks great and you've given her a wonderful gift
she is beautiful too.

Originally Posted by catsallaround

About the ceiling-my brother hooked up a angled custom built wood block and drilled into the stud above VERY little "damage" and I was able to get a tree like this on it. We moved and filled hole in no problem.
great solution

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice! Obviously the cat loves it. I don't think it would work in my house. I have cathedral ceilings but it sure looks great.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have 2 cat trees and I don't know how we lived without them. Jake is almost constantly on one of them. We have one at the front of the house so he can watch the birds and one at the back of the house so he can look into the yard. In the summer, he is up almost all night keeping track of the activity in the yard. He sleeps and plays on them both.