We inherited....

quicieme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this is off the subject, but we inherited two new black lab puppies, both males.. Some rotten person dumped them off and they were starving for a week until my neighbor started feeding them and we kind of took adoption to them.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is so nice to know people treat animals so badley. I am glad they found you. I hope you are in for a lot of energy. Labs need lots of training and patients. Course if you are in it for the long run, all the work will pay off. They are wonderful dogs!! Good luck!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I love labradors! Hope we'll have one some time. What does Stormy say?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwww....puppies!!! I love puppies!!! I wish people who dumped out dogs could feel the lonliness,bewilderment,and pain that they do. It is better to put them to sleep if you have exhausted all other possibilities of finding them a home, than to dump them out, where chances are, they may starve to death...a slow, painful death. How sad. How cruel!

I took in a dog that someone had dumped...and I am so glad I did, as he is such a sweetie (although not much to look at) His name is Scruffy. He was starving when I took him home....he loves me so much now...and I will always take care of him. Those pups are lucky to have someone like you to look after them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quicieme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well the pups are doing fine. I took them to the vet and all they had was two types of worms.. They are about 5 weeks old now, I figured out what happened to the rest of the litter, they were picked up by the dog catcher the next town over from me, and all but two were adopted. But as to the question of what Stormy thinks.. well at first she hissed and growled at them but she seems to be a very adjustable kitty, she plays with them and her big sister Angel (1yr old Lab) she lets them chase her from room to room, or she sits on the dining room table and bats at them below her.. They like her also..
I lot of people have told me that the new pups have part Pit bull in them, but hopefully that is not a problem for us all... They seem to be warming up to us and getting used to all of us in the household..I know Labs are full of energy I grew up with one. Thanks for all the luck you guys are sending...

[Edited by quicieme on 02-12-2001 at 08:47 PM]