We have the best vet on earth!!!

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, here's some backstory:

We got little Bagheera from the adoption center at Petsmart mid-July. When we brought him home, we realized he had icky diarrhea with mucus, and that his little rectum was bulging and red from straining to pass. :( Ouchie!! So, he went to the vet, got Albon for the coccidia, and some anti-inflammatory/antibiotic ointment for his rear end.

The Albon worked, but the ointment didn't. Still bulging, still red after a week. So we went back. A different vet (in the same practice, they have 5) told us to keep on with the ointment.

We went back AGAIN two days later, suspecting a UTI because he was crying in the litterbox. We saw the head vet this time. No UTI, but he gave us a different ointment for the rear end, some Clavamox to prevent an infection back there, and recommended we also use Preparation H. Instructions to come back in a week, regardless of improvement, AND he didn't charge us the office fee because we had just been there two days ago. :D

Unfortunately, none of that helps, and by this point little baby is very grumpy with anyone coming near his rear end. :lol3: So we take him back. The head vet sees him again, and determines the tissue is just too granulated to heal itself, and that little baby will need surgery to close it up. He calls it "basically a permanent inflamed hemorrhoid." (He's only about 4 months old. :( )

DB and I grimace at each other, knowing that vet surgery is insanely expensive. Vet asks what's wrong, and we tell him we're college students and are basically broke. After thinking for a second, he asks, "Can you do $50?"

:clap: :D :blobgreen: :woohoo: :jump: :banana1: :blobmul: :hyper:

$50 for a cat surgery is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for us. This vet is now getting cookies and a card.

Seems there's been a few bad vet experiences here lately, so I just wanted to share one that would make people happy. :)

If anyone in the central FL area needs vet care, PM me and I'll give you the address!!!

This practice also takes care of all our county's K-9 police dogs. So, he's probably a good surgeon too. :lol3:

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing that positive experience!  Yay for great vets!! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Baggy is home from the surgery and is doing fine. Evie is glad to have her baby back. :rub:

daisy the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newport Beach, California http://www.facebook.com/
lactoferrin on vitacost site is a human supplement that saves cat lives. it comes from the very first milk of a moma cow but doesn't have the lactose part that cat's can't have. it boosts the immune system. vets never give or have it. it is extremely safe, if i were allowed to put up links i could direct you to good ones explaining how great it is. google lactoferrin for cats and go to catster and type in lactoferrin on the search and you'll find a page i made on it and more links. pumkin a teaspoon a day for tiny cats and a table spoon for adult cats is good for runny potty issues safe and vets do advize that one.

they love it too. just get libby's pure pumkin in a can. no pumkin pie stuff just plain pure pumkin in a small can. don't leave it in the can, put the stuff in a plastic container in the refrigerator. it will help with the swollen bottom. that gets caused from it being sore from the runny potty. lactoferrin is a life saver. hundreds of dollars was stilll not saving my cat when she was tiny. the lactoferrin did. no one seems to pay attention to this. it helps in all conditions too. you open a capsule and mix the powder into a half a teasoon of water and mix in a half a capful of bottled water because the powder is dry. and do thie four times a day when they are sick. feed normally after they eat the food with the lactoferrin. don't use dry food, only feed wet. dry causes urinary issues, stones and is all carbs.