We had to put down a family member of 13 yrs

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your sad loss of Benji. He was such a beautiful cat - your home must feel so empty with him gone. I really like your desktop photo of him, was he a chocolate point? this is a rough age for you to lose such a dear soulmate - when I was 15 my 9 year old horse died of colic, and it was very difficult to put up with school, teen friends with their own problems, and then to lose my horse
Fortunately, I had my cats and dog to help me through the dark days. Maybe you could start a journal about how you feel, day by day - you could use it in the future when you are needed to help someone else who has lost a pet. Please keep us updated on how you are doing, okay?
Hugs, Susan

iluvmy2cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm very sorry for the loss of your Benji! I recently also lost a cat. His name was Chase and he was only 6 months old. I've also taken the loss very hard but I'm so glad you found this site because everyone on here is very nice and has such kind words to say to you in your weakest times. Hang in there!

mishelley911

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry to hear about your cat Benji. On December 12, 2005 our cat of 13 years just up and died, no health problems (see "13 year old cat died any ideas?" in the health forum) My daughter had that cat since she was around 5 years old and would definitely understand your pain. Its amazing how these little animals bring so much joy into our lives yet so much sorrow in the end. We have three more cats, a horse, two fish and two mice, so it sounds like your home is a lot like ours. I truly believe that all our loving pets wait for us on the other side in heaven, we will see them again, they are always with us in spirit.

Michelle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat_slave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Guys. and I think he was a chocolate point? He is a Pure Breed Siamese. I'm home schooled but I did not do school work for a week because I cried everyday! and cried myself to sleep. And Iluvmy2cats sry to hear you recently lost a beloved family memeber if you need to talk I'm here! I love this site too everyone is so very nice! and Mishelley911 sry to hear you lost a beloved family member just to days ago. and if you too need to talk I'm here!
I'm sure all our babies are in heaven playing and having a blast! Today I watched Montel with my mom and they had a phycic *sp?* and she just came up with a book called "Animals On The Other Side" and I requsted the library to send it to me.. heres the link for the book at walmart http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3363350 I really can't wait to read it!