We got third place in cat agility

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Was at a cat show with Solstice today, his second. He was much more relaxed in the show cages and with the judges, so I am happy. There was one other Mau kitten there and we each got 3 best of breeds, but no finals. It was OK, Solstice is still only 5 months and needs to grow into himself.

Anyway, there was cat agility set up so I went to go ask about it. They invited us to try, so we did. It was so much fun and Solstice loved it. We paid the 5$ entry fee and ran the course a few times in between rings. He liked the chance to get out of the benching cage and stretch in a safe space. Surprisingly, we got third place and a cute new playtoy.

What was funny was that the spectators loved it too. Every time a cat would go into the area, a crowd would gather around. I had people come up to me later to tell me how much they enjoyed watching my kitten in there.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fantastic Kelly, congratulations

Wish they had agility here, I'd love to give it a try.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats. Jack has only done agility twice - unofficially cause he was not sure of how it works. I found out that I could bribe him with food on the toy and he did better. His relatives from the same cattery have place in the top cats for agility.

Do you know who beat him at that show?

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Way to go Solstice!! So much more clever than his half-sister, Lola

Lola and I tried our hands and paws at a modified (smaller) agility ring when I was at Meet the Breeds last month. Imagine me, in full Cleopatra costume, and Lola, taking roughly 3-6 minutes to make each jump. Suffice to say, the first run must have taken us 20 minutes to complete. Are there awards for the most time?
But we had so much fun!

Good luck with the shows and agility!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OUr best time was 2 minutes for the whole course. One jump gave us trouble as he kept wanting to go under.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations!..... that is very cool...

I taught Zoey to do agilty in the house but no where near by will allow a cat( even on the empty course) and no cat only agilty near by...