We are back! Got a new baby :D

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone

So I have finally started to recover from my wreck...... and today a new baby adopted me.

I accompanied a friend to the shelter, and well things happened. This beautiful russian blue kitten (7 weeks old) was in the red cage (death row) meant they have 24 hours to live!! She came to me, pawed for me and well the rest is history. She is this tiny little bitty healthy spunky ting, has already figured out the litter box!! I need a name!! She is pure breed Russian Blue........ so pretty :) Just lost for names

So anyway, I am back. I won't be able to participate in SS this year... however we are back. It made me sad to come here and not have a kitty- but that is resolved now., And so far, so good she doesn't bother my asthma!

Last edited:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome back :wavey:

I think we need to see pictures of this beautiful new baby :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back

I think we need to see pictures of this beautiful new baby
Right now she is darting literally everywhere lol..... Thinking maybe Xena........ it seems to fit!  But as soon as she settles down, I will be sure to get some pictures. :)

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She is absolutely gorgeous :heart3: the cutest face and beautiful green eyes :D

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous!  How about Xena's side kick.....Gabrielle....Gabby for short.    (Or Houston, Jordin, Toni Braxton, Adele..
..yeah, I like singers' names)  
  Good luck and have fun on choosing a name. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Nebula,  I am very happy that the time for a new kitten in your life has arrived.  

How lovely that she is a little Russian Blue, they are truly precious souls, or at least all the ones I have met are.  Your baby looks adorable, but yes, I'm afraid Xena looks and sounds like a good fit. 

(Gabby makes it sound like she's a chatty babe but if she is typical of the breed she is likely to be on the quieter side noise wise - not necessarily behaviour though)!  I can't believe that you managed to find a precious little Blue girl in a shelter and that she was in that Red cage!  

Russian Blues are said to be lower in one of the common allergens that trigger cat allergies so hopefully your asthma will continue to be reasonably settled around her.  My boy definitely molts a lot less than other cats I have come across, though I think those in warmer climates do still loose some fur.  Please feel welcome to post as many pictures as you like of your adorable new fur family member in the grey / blue kitties thread I have linked in my signature. 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to get some better pics of here, but here is one in her natural calm state. ha!

Her name is Xena Warrior Cat (Xena for short) it just fits, and hubby relented!!! There was a $20 adoption fee and looking at prices for blues seems I got a good price....  She has had her first round of shots, and been vet checked & wormed. Vet won't spay her until 6 months and she can't get rabies shot until 3 months.

Anyway here is a couple more pics I got of her, she is so precious and we are so in love-- and I have missed everyone here (not sure who remembers me!!)? It just made me sad to log on and not have a kitty... but like I said, alll is well now. I still deal with lots of chronic pain, but I am up on a cane now and out of the wheelchair

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, Hubby thinks we should particvipate in SS this year!! I didn't realize we had until August to meet the requirements! :)

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe that this sweetie was on Death Row.  She is very fortunate that you came along.  Congratulations to you both.

[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif]As for names, how about 'Mischa'?  It is Russian for Mike.  I had a long-haired cat that same color, and that was his name.  I know it's a man's name, but the 'a' on the end makes it sound feminine.  I ca't think of any other Russian names right now, but another thought is 'Vickie'--short for Victoria--since she was 'victorious' over Death Row....

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't believe that this sweetie was on Death Row.  She is very fortunate that you came along.  Congratulations to you both.

[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif]As for names, how about 'Mischa'?  It is Russian for Mike.  I had a long-haired cat that same color, and that was his name.  I know it's a man's name, but the 'a' on the end makes it sound feminine.  I ca't think of any other Russian names right now, but another thought is 'Vickie'--short for Victoria--since she was 'victorious' over Death Row....
Thanks..........

Unfortunately, her sister was still there...........  I only hope she got rescued before today at noon. Our Landlord only allows 1 pet or we would have snatched her up too.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful and congratulations on saving her. Can't believe that a beautiful baby like that was on death row. Just isn't fair - but you got there just in time.

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thanks..........

Unfortunately, her sister was still there...........  I only hope she got rescued before today at noon. Our Landlord only allows 1 pet or we would have snatched her up too.
Oh no....

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forgot about Natasha.  There was a Tortie female, by that name, at the local Petco up for adoption, and I would have taken her, but the stipulation was that she had to be an 'only cat'.  I had two adult cats already.  But it worked out.  She was adopted by a young girl and her family.  And I adopted my two boys, who were kittens of a feral cat living in a campground.  The people there did a wonderful job of socializing the kittens.

Last edited: