Watery brown spots

myeffect

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m very concerned. I’ve found one spot in her cat bed like this and two on top of a piece of furniture where she lays.

there is no urine odor, but there is an odor. It almost smells like her food. It’s not foul like poop but it is pretty strong, so I think this is from today.

she’s acting pretty normally if a little irritable, eating, drinking, going to the bathroom. She’s about 5 years old and she was spayed in February.

any ideas what this could be?

Attachments

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you know if it's from her back end or her front? Have you already checked over her body to rule out any type of wound?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myeffect

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you know if it's from her back end or her front? Have you already checked over her body to rule out any type of wound?
no wounds as far as I can tell. She’s toileting and eating/drinking/playing normally. No drool (except for when sitting in my lap) that I can notice and her hind end doesn’t stink either.

she did vomit in both those areas a few days ago—I cleaned the mess but didn’t notice those brownish watery outlines.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes when you spot clean the stain dilutes and pushes out to the edges (outline). Could it juts be some residue from that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myeffect

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sometimes when you spot clean the stain dilutes and pushes out to the edges (outline). Could it juts be some residue from that?
it’s entirely possible. I’m buying some peroxide and gonna use it on the stain when I get home to rule out diluted blood.

thank you for your responses, I’m just a very anxious cat mama so I’m always weird about my babies 😭

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Many of us are! Hope they're just stain residue but if you see more somewhere else...