Water Fountain Question

bluebirdy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are your cats interested in moving water in general? Both of mine were moving water obsessed (would go for any running faucet, and stand on the edge of the bathrub stalker-like if I was bathing), and they took to our bubbling fountain immediately. I could see another personality of cat being uninterested.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Fountains can take time to be accepted by cats, and leaving them off until they are is generally a good idea with most cats. The pioneer pet Big max is a nice fountain, with a sturdy base, and is easy to service, it is a great choice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myrnafaye

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like that one the best but its BIG!

MDad1234

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I finally got my cat a bubbler fountain (Drinkwell Sedona) when she stopped drinking water, and to my knowledge, she has not used it yet (got it a couple of weeks ago). After trying one of the "stream" fountains, which are noisy, and she REALLY didn't like, I tried this one. I hope she takes to it. That said, I'm going to keep it out for the foreseeable future in case she takes to it, but she only eats wet food now, so I'm not overly concerned about her hydration any more so long as her appetite keeps up (you can read more about her issues in my posting history).