Water Cat

madzoya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

As you may know, Bruce is now home for almost 48 hours and he is sweet and sassy as an 7 month old can be. I'm hugely relieved he came out of his shell.

We found last night that he has a singularity... He likes to play with water. Being in his bowl, or the kitchen sink he will put his paws in and play with it.

Never seen it before in a cat. My late Zoya would not set foot ouside if it was wet. She liked steam (she loved to be in the bathroom, while I took showers) but hated water.

Do any of you have a "water cat"? :)

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few "water cats". Two are fascinated by it (for years now). They love the ripples and one tries to drink the water from her paw. Go figure where that came from.

Pretty funny. And they are totally normal cats.

My ferals don't mind the rain but my inside cats hate water on them. I guess it is what they are use to.

mjscats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You aren't alone in your discovery. My Bengal cat, Indy, is obsessed with water, as long she isn't taking a bath. She loves drinking out of the sink, and has even wandered into the shower a few times. When she was younger, she was constantly spilling water out of her dish, and dabbing her paws in the water, although Indy seems to like flowing water the best.  This is a behavior typical in her breed, but I have met many other everyday cats who love playing with water.  I wish the best for you and you cat  

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My rainbow bridge kitty Claude was a water kitty.  He would sit on the side of the tub and wait for you to drizzle warm water off your hand for him to drink. He would also stick his head in the shower.  He would get soaked drinking the water off your hand.  After you got out of the shower he had to be petted dry.  He would disappear if you tried to towel dry him.  None of the 4 I have now are water babies.