Water bowl or fountain recommendations

LadybugsMama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi all! I have two girls, Kitty and Ladybug, who have three water bowls throughout the house. they’re various ceramic bowls, and Ladybug also has a coffee mug that she likes to drink water out of lol

I used to have a water fountain from the brand Veken, but the spout broke after only a few months and the bowl got this weird film over it no matter how often I cleaned it.

our girls are currently separated because they aren’t getting along, so Im more inclined to finding water bowls rather than a fountain, but Im open to recommendations for either! Im looking for something that won’t get gross or funky

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only have bowls, because I have a dog too and if I had a fountain he'd play it in all the time. :lol:

I used to have plastic bowls, but I switched them out to Pyrex glass bowls and am very happy with the change. Glass bowls are pretty easy to keep clean, and I do switch the water out regularly. I also have one dish that has a stainless steel interior, and that one is also easy to clean (I got it at Target).

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy's have a fountain and a stainless steel bowl. If your looking for bowls I'd recommend getting dog bowls that are stainless steel, easy to clean and wide so the cat's whiskers don't get squished. They also have more weight so they are harder to knock over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LadybugsMama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Love both of these suggestions! I’ll take a look at Target and Petco today and see what I can find. :)

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was basically about to come say the same thing. All our fountains kept getting gross even with weekly cleanings. I got finished fighting with them

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a stainless steel fountain that I like better than the plastic one we have at work. However, despite having fountains, I still leave water bowls out as they are way easier to clean so they can have their preferences :) LadybugsMama LadybugsMama do your cats drink water as is? (I love the coffee mug idea too!)
My water bowls are glass pyrex, very similar to this, but are slightly more shallow and wider at the top:

1683245273607.png

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Drinkwell Pagoda ceramic fountain - doesn’t get funky, I change the water daily, scrub it fortnightly and change the filters monthly. It is a rather expensive option, especially having to buy the two filters regularly, but my cats have all liked it (I bought it because Maddie was an obsessive tap drinker and I needed to stop my mother leaving the taps on for her all the time). I also have a stainless steel bowl with a rubber ring (cheapie from KMart, iirc) in my bedroom , and they like that even better.