Water And 4-week-old

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, I found a litter of kittens at work last week, brought one home and my coworkers took the rest, my kitten is drinking her kmr from a dish and eating wet food, does anyone know when I should be introducing a water bowl to her, I give her a little kmr every couple hrs and she eats a little wet food every 6hrs.. I believe she is now 4 weeks old.. she is going in the litterbox on her own also!.. any advice? Thank u!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds older than 4 weeks if she is eating wet food and going to the litter box on her own! Can you post a picture? If she is lapping KMR from a dish you can offer a dish of water as well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah I was trying to figure out her age, she is just now starting running around and playing and not sleeping all the time, but her motor skills aren't quite all there yet, and she isn't lapping as much as suckling w out a nipple if that makes any sense, and she has grown ALOT since last week! Her name is Cali

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s very cute!

Is there any way you could take one of her siblings in as well? It’s really helpful to her development for her to learn boundaries from other cats.

Do you also have dry kitten chow down for her?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Eating wet food and having kmr she isnt thirsty. More water isnt necessary.

You can of course have a shallow dish with water too. She will taste it sooner or later.

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah cause she isn't wanting anything to do with water!.. i just don't want her to get thirsty While I'm asleep or at work.. and she has two Older "brothers".. that I already had, Apollo, is taking to her pretty well, he's cleaning her and loving on her, being gentle, Loki, is not going out of his way to be mean, he just likes his space and growls when she gets too close, but hasn't gone any further than that, he will warm up to her eventually, him and Apollo have no problems at all, so I'm hoping it will be that way with Cali eventually!.. I've got Loki and Cali in the playroom now actually, he's keeping his distance and that's fine, I just want him to get used to her being around!

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s very cute!

Is there any way you could take one of her siblings in as well? It’s really helpful to her development for her to learn boundaries from other cats.

Do you also have dry kitten chow down for her?
I have dry cat food but haven't tried any with her yet, she has teeth, so I'm assuming she will be fine with it?