Was told cat was a Maine Coon, but don't think so. Thoughts?

Ownerofcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We adopted this 4 year old cat from a shelter and were told she is a Maine Coon. She is not that big though and I don't know if that is right. Maybe she is a mix? I think I see some Siberian or Norwegian Forest cat in her, but I have no idea. She has a very sweet disposition. Loves napping and hardly ever meows. When she does it is very quiet. Any guesses as to what she might be? I have attached a few photos of her so you can see her from different angles. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Galilea96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mean she could have some Maine coon or the other breeds you listed. I feel like she may just be a domestic long haired beauty. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ownerofcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys! We had a ragdoll previous to this and this cat has the same sweet personality which I am thrilled about. The kids already told everyone she is a Maine Coon since that is what the owner who surrendered her told the shelter, so we will just continue with that story. LOL! Maybe at some point we'll get a DNA test and find out the truth, but I don't know that I want to spend $100 to be told I have one particular kind of fluffy cat over another.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh goodness, she's a beauty. She's not a Maine Coon - her face is far too dainty and small. She's a domestic longhair, I think bi-color tabby and white but others are much better than I at quantifying color. I just adore her petite facial features on that lush body lol. She looks so squeezable 💕