Wart on Lip?

bakvskg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone seen anything like this before?
I incidentally found this strange looking wart/growth on my cat’s lip today while she was sleeping on me. It doesn’t seem to be bothering her at all and she’s acting completely fine. Doesn’t look inflamed. If I hadn’t been poking around her mouth randomly today I would have never known it was there.

I definitely plan on asking the vet about it at our next visit, but I don’t particularly feel like this warrants a visit on it’s own (and I don’t want to put her through the extra stress unless absolutely necessary). My plan is to watch closely for now. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

F98CB29C-2B18-4B5B-8C17-ADAC44357778.jpeg
F98CB29C-2B18-4B5B-8C17-ADAC44357778.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bakvskg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also forgot to mention, she is just under two years old. Seems too young to have something potentially cancerous.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It looks more like some sort of cyst. Warts are usually rough, and your pic looks like it is smooth. Could even be a tooth rubbing on that area, maybe? Next time you get the chance, touch it and see if you think it is filled with fluid, and whether or not it is 'squishy' or hard - and, whether or not there is tooth that might be rubbing that area. It almost looks like the kind of bump a human gets in the inside of the gum line/cheek when they have somehow misaligned their teeth during biting something - not a very good explanation, but maybe you know what I am talking about? Just keep checking her mouth to look for it growing, or the gum around it becoming inflamed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bakvskg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think I know what you mean FeebysOwner FeebysOwner ! And you’re right I don’t think it’s a wart (especially after googling pictures) I will try to get a better look at it when she’s relaxed again. It doesn’t seem to be fluid filled, but it seems denser/harder than just regular surrounding tissue. It almost looks like a small skin tag.
It doesn’t seem to be where her fang rubs against her lip- it’s slightly behind, in the folds of her lower lip.