Want to try bones

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My babies have been raw for a few months now and o far we are all doing well. I was thinking about maybe trying to give them some type of bone. What would be a good place to start? I'd prefer something that I don't have to do any real handling, if possible. Thanks.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ask the butcher at the supermarket if they can chop up some chicken wingettes for you. Only two of my eight were able to tackle the smallest two parts of a chicken wing without it being cut up into bite sized pieces. I know you prefer not to handle it - but it is easy to do with scissors. Just explain to the butcher at the supermarket that you're vegan. They usually sell chicken wingettes (the two smaller boney parts of the wing, actually called the wing tip and wingette) - you're just looking for a little help getting them chopped into bite sized pieces (try offering a $5 or $10 tip).

The bones are actually quite soft and pliable when raw. The kitties will just kind of "chomp chomp chomp" on them - smashing them up inside the muscle and skin before swallowing them, not actually biting pieces off (at least that's how mine eat them).