want my two cats to mate but....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just another side note about breeding. I rescued a very unusual black & white 7 month old kitten from my aunt's backyard about 20 or so years ago (in the 80's). She was not your ordinary black & white cat - she actually had two different color eyes! One was dark blue like a Siamese cat and the other was dark green-gold.

I snapped her up quickly as I didn't want her to disappear - knew she would make an excellent show prospect. I was VERY tempted to find a Siamese male to breed her because I believe that one of her parents was a Siamese due to the intense eye color. BUT I knew it would be wrong to breed her on purpose just to "experiment" and see what she would produce.

So I took her in and spayed her. At her first cat show (8 months old and still a pink belly from the spay), Muffin walked out of the show hall with 3 BEST HOUSEHOLD PET rosettes and the famous "Morris Trophy"! In order to show in the HHP classes, any cat that is 8 months or more has to be spayed or neutered. Muffin won a truckload of rosettes and trophies in the 7 or so years she was shown. My friend adopted her and Muffin lived to be 18 yrs old before she died at home.

So we all might want to breed our beloved cats, but know its not the right thing to do - especially for a non-purebred cat.

Hope your kitties are home soon from their operations and running around in the next week or so.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by uluagirl

The plan is in actions. My cats are going to be neutered this Sat. And I have no second doubt about that.
Thank you for choosing that. I hope all goes well.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Best of luck to your and your BF in adopting 2 new kitties. I'm sure you will provide a wonderful home for them and give them lots and lots of love

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uluagirl, you sound like a very intelligent, well-spoken, responsible and caring individual.

I applaud you for coming here and being not just open and honest about your feelings, but also in your ability to look past the passion in the replies you received to see the points that were being made. That takes courage and maturity.

I am very glad you're not leaving TCS; I think you're going to be a GREAT addition to the board! I look forward to hearing more from you. Welcome, and twice welcome.

Aloha!

cassielainie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
every time i've had one of my cats spayed or neutered, i've felt kind of bad about doing it.. i mean, i knew that it was the right thing to do in the long run. i knew they'd be healthier, happier, easier to take care of...
but i still felt like i was taking something away from them..
i mean.. they're living beings right, the instinct to procreate is natural right?
it was a weird thing for me, but after i did it, after a couple of days when my little babies were feeling better, they were more playful and my males didn't try to run out the door anymore as soon as i opened it. they were just content to stay at home and let me love them..
long story short, i know you feel bad about having them spayed/neutered, but it's the right thing to do..

fiddledee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your post. I'm sorry if I sounded aggressive, I really didn't mean to be! It's just something I'm passionate about, and I really apologize if I offended.

Welcome to TCS, and I hope that you find much useful information on this site. I know I have. You're a nice person and a responsible owner, you'll get along with everyone well on this site.

Good luck with your kitties! Keep us updated on how they do in surgery.