Wanna know my cat's breed please

m-ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello you all, well i got a new cat & wanna know it's breed, just got it today (didnt expect it) so still didnt buy no litter no where to put its food ^^
Here's its picture
He has the same color on his tail !
Thank you all ^^

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is a point.  "colorpoint" Red cream?   Im no expert on colors.   The masque isnt very apparent, because it is so light.  Creme masques arent easily visible.   It may become  more visible with time.   But the ears, paws, tail  are darker, as they should.  They eyes arent the most blue around, but still, typically point blue.   (sometimes its  these blue eyes which reveals these barely visible cream points).

He is a decent look alike of a siamese.    Although if he is a siamese for real, its not sure (without papers or sure history you cant know).

With points, this is a nice demonstration of practical  genetics.  In fact, his parents could have almost any look.  They could even be real siameses of  pet quality.  But. It was enough they were both carriers of the recessive point gene.   This gene is recessive, submissive to most other genes.  But doubled up, both from Ma and Pa in the same kittens, it becomes very strong and gives almost on its own the almost whole outer shape of that kitten.

It can happen among pure breds - as happens among my breed, the Russian blue.  Occasionally, in a litter of silverblue russian blue kittens, one or two of them is such a look alike of a siamese old type.

His parents could also be two moggies...

We cant know.   But as his muzzle is relatively prolonged, more than with a typical old type siamese, my guess is his siamese ancestry isnt very far back.  At least one of his parents was perhaps a real half-siamese. 

So he is a colorpoint domestic, look alike of a siamese.     In some associations of purebred cats  they use the word colorpoint to mean siamese, but  not of the classical approved  colors.    In other associations they dont bother with such,  its called for siamese, whichever color they do have, they just mention the exact color.   As long as the paperworks and history is siamese.

You were lucky!

Welcome to our Forums!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

m-ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Picture wasnt clear because instagram filter, yes it is a siamese, i believe his parents were both siamese cause the owner has the parents & still has two other kittens, this one they call it flame point siamese here's a picture of Niko

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Nico is gorgeous :heart3:

Yes you are right he is a flame point :D Which is another way of saying red point ;)

m-ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
GemsGem GemsGem thank you, ill make sure to take care of him even he is not letting me sleep xD

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hehehe :lol3: Congratulations on becoming a cat parent :clap:

m-ali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
GemsGem GemsGem hahaha yah i was like IS THIS HOW IT MEANS TO BE A DAD ? XD