Wally Lamb

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so pleased!!
I had a gift card to use up at Chapters, and I very rarely buy books (big library user). So I was perusing the shelves wondering just what book would be special enough for me to actually buy, when I saw that Wally Lamb has a new book out! So excited, I can't tell you!

The Hour I First Believed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was going to save it until the week I'm off over Christmas, but I couldn't wait.
I'm really enjoying it so far. Quite emotional reading.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I'm so pleased!!
I had a gift card to use up at Chapters, and I very rarely buy books (big library user). So I was perusing the shelves wondering just what book would be special enough for me to actually buy, when I saw that Wally Lamb has a new book out! So excited, I can't tell you!

The Hour I First Believed
I have finished the book - I LOVE Wally Lamb too!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I was going to save it until the week I'm off over Christmas, but I couldn't wait.
I'm really enjoying it so far. Quite emotional reading.
It is really emotional to read, quite heart wrenching. What part are you up to?

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always looking for interesting books to read, and that sound perfect!! I'll have to pick it up sometime soon! I really liked I Know This Much is True.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm about half way through now, and finding it very engrossing.

I would say that I enjoyed I Know This Much is True more, because it really resonated with me, and I could not put it down. One of those books that you almost cry because you've finished it!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm about half way through now, and finding it very engrossing.

I would say that I enjoyed I Know This Much is True more, because it really resonated with me, and I could not put it down. One of those books that you almost cry because you've finished it!
Yeah, me too - I want to go out and buy that book so I can read it again. I didn't realise that the Birdsey Twins were in both books. I have misplaced my 'She's Come Undone' book so I will have to get another copy.