Walking outside

Natalie Cataline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would love to know what you think of taken my baby for walks outside. at first I was against this cause I didn’t want her to want being outside but now I wonder if she would just enjoy the adventure
I’m the one who posted on here about my biting lovely Here’s a pic
58AB3C11-9174-4428-B25D-704EECBD016F.jpeg

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You give a cat an inch, it wants a mile. A lot of people have trouble arising from this basic truth (i.e. whining and door darting), but you can take some basic precautions. Always take the cat out at the same time if possible. Set an alarm that the cat will hear. Put the leash on, and physically carry the cat outside. If there is whining to go out at a different time, never respond. Do all that, and perhaps you'll have no whining or door darting.

Cats can pretty easily back out of pretty much all of the harness style leashes You can combine a collar with a harness to prevent this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natalie Cataline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You give a cat an inch, it wants a mile. A lot of people have trouble arising from this basic truth (i.e. whining and door darting), but you can take some basic precautions. Always take the cat out at the same time if possible. Set an alarm that the cat will hear. Put the leash on, and physically carry the cat outside. If there is whining to go out at a different time, never respond. Do all that, and perhaps you'll have no whining or door darting.
Thanks for that Sounds very good to me

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A pet stroller is an option to bring the cat inside but in a confined way. Some cats who won't walk on a leash may prefer a stroller instead. But there's also the issue of wanting to go out all the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natalie Cataline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A pet stroller is an option to bring the cat inside but in a confined way. Some cats who won't walk on a leash may prefer a stroller instead. But there's also the issue of wanting to go out all the time.
That’s my concern but I feel so empowered I bought a leash but doing the next step is gonna need a bit for empowering