Waiting On Chewey

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, I just ordered for the first time off chewey.com on Monday, The normal crave chicken dry food was a dollar cheaper than in stores, so I ordered it online. Plus they had a deal on American Journey dry food, buy one get one, so I'm going to give that a try. Anyway, So its not expected to be delivered till tomorrow evening, and the food bowl is officially empty! Ahh! I feel so guilty. I think I've just leave out some treats over night so they don't get too hungry and feed them some wet food in the morning. Poor things won't understand why their bowl is empty.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I totally agree with Norachan! Even if you just give them some deli turkey or ham, or even a hot dog, that's better than nothing but a few treats. Cats can't go without food. It can cause life-threatening issues with their liver.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It is true what others said, just leave food for them even a bit. You are right, they won't understand why their food bowls are empty.

When any of my cats refuse to eat when just being picky, I go in full panic mode. I know how dangerous it is for them not to be able to eat anything for hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:wave3:They are ok this morning. I did leave out wet food, and treats. Wet food was untouched, (who knows why) but treats were eaten. and I just gave them more wet food. They are grazers I guess, they love to eat a few bites of their dry food, and move on. Even after finishing her food this morning, Zoe still went over to her bowl to snack on some dry food. It's coming Zoe! And I would of tried giving them real meat, thing is, Lily hates it, lol. I've tried bits of chicken, turkey, and Lily is like "what is this, you want me to eat real meat? EWWWW!" LOL. I'm excited to try the American Journey. It's a pound more of food, for the same price of Crave. Only difference is their is a lot of fruits and veggies in, opposed to the Crave. Who knows, maybe the fruits and veggies will be like a fiber? And Lily definitely needs more fiber in her diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a winner with American Journey! I put crave in their normal bowl, and then opened up the American Journey, and put it next to it. Lily tried it, and continued to eat. Zoe tried it, ate some, then realized there was Crave, so she ate that too. I'm so proud of them, usually they won't try anything new. Lily has gotten better with new stuff here lately, before she wouldn't try the whole Hearted line, which Zoe absolutely loves, but I stuck my finger in it, and put some in her mouth, and low and be hold, HEY its good! I'm slowing trying to get them off the Purina Proplan, Lily's favorite is the turkey and vegetables in gravy,but she just licks the juice and doesn't actually eat it.