Waiting game is on!

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, thought I would make Muffin her own proper thread since it may be getting close.  She is a stray that followed us home from the park.  Very thin, fleas, ear mites, infected wound, and pregnant.  I decided to keep her after no one claimed her from postings and getting her cleared at the vet.  She is quite a delightful cat, and I have had many through previous foster experience, but none this sweet and beautiful before.  She adopted us.

We found her when her nipples were already pink and swollen, and that was 4 weeks ago, so by my estimate she has less than 2 weeks left.  I think her milk is beginning to come in as well.  She has gained weight, but is still thin.  I've felt movement for awhile and she has been nesting for a week of so now.  Must only be 1 or 2 in there as she is still so small. 

lilianababy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  Must only be 1 or 2 in there as she is still so small. 
 Thats what our vet said about my cat: "she is a little on the small side so I'd say she is nearing the end but prepare for only about 1 kitten". Then she had like another 3 weeks and gave birth to 5!

Muffin is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on the little additions! Are you planning on spaying mama after the kittens are weaned? Keep us updated

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So you were at the vet and got everything cleared?   Good.    :)

Did he checked for a chip too?   The most common place to inject them is in the neck at the shoulders, but other places occurs too. And it may sometimes wander some.

It is not that unique cats get astray when moved to and from cat shows, or visiting the stud / lady.

In that case she would have chip, or perhaps tatoo in one ear.

If she doesnt have such chip/tatto, so she is no such mover to cat show / pedigree breeding programme.

But by the looks, she could have been, I mean.   :)

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sweet, thanks.  Yes, that was the first thing I had done before I even let the vet walk in the room.  The tech scanned and I scanned too just to be sure (I used to work as a vet assistant and also in animal control).  Some loser probably got sick of her when she went into heat and kicked her out, or maybe she is from one of the foreclosed homes in the area. 

She will be my pet now and will get spayed as soon as possible.  There was a time when I fostered and had kittens and moms in every spare room in my house, so I never want to be selfish and add to pet overpopulation.  I almost had her pregnancy terminated, but being that my kids and husband objected I decided not too, knowing it will be a lot of work but worth it. 

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Couple pics with better camera.  You can just see her starting to show.  She's been waking me up at 4:44am every morning and forces me to pet her, very affectionate.  A cat that gets along well with dogs, cats, and kids, and is so beautiful.  Also, she insists on playing and drinking from the faucet several times a day.

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is not that unique cats get astray when moved to and from cat shows, or visiting the stud / lady.
Sorry StephanZ, I've never heard of it happening in the UK.  There is no excuse for not using a secure carrier, cats have occasionally got lose in a show hall but all the doors are shut if that happens and everyone stands still until it's caught, and stud houses and owners need to be sure their premises are secure.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry StephanZ, I've never heard of it happening in the UK.
I have heard of such cases. I dont have any reason to believe the owners were careless. I know for sure they were loving their family members. So I just say, not common but happens.

Although perhaps not in UK, no.   :)

ps.  One of these several disappeared cats (some were found, some not)  was on the transfer list. I dont think he was thrown out, but I do have some suspiction he felt he wasnt welcome any longer, and thus - did left.  As I have heard a couple of stories about dogs and cats on "transfer list" ("new home wanted") who did fled.

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How does it happen?  Put cat in secure carrier in home, don't take it out until somewhere secure.  It's not hard.  It's not rocket science.  I can see it happening if people take cats in cars without using a carrier, or a stud owner doesn't have a safey corridor and is careless but people who are not careless?  How on earth does it happen to them?

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, in any case, if someone did love her they would have put in a micorchip and be checking for postings from local shelters.  It's been a month and no one claimed her.  I did see one lady take her show cat out of the car at a rest area and put it on a leash, it almost squirmed away, I could see this happening maybe. 

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My lord, she has to be at least 8.5 weeks pregnant now.  She is just a bit bigger than her last pic there.  I can still feel a baby moving around every now and then, but just not the same type of movements you feel when a queen is packed full of kittens fighting for space.  Muffin has been more active the last few days, playing with the other cat, cat teaser toy, and chasing bugs around the house.  she seems to be feeling well at least.  She really enjoys snuggling in bed every night and I keep thinking she is in labor when she wakes me up in the middle of the night to insist on being pet.  Gosh, I hope it comes soon. I'll have to work out at home today, I don't even want to leave her alone at all.  She is that type of cat who will want to be with me when she is in labor. 

Question:  I say she must be at least 8.5 weeks pregnant because her nipples were large and bright pink when we found her, so I am assuming she was about 3 weeks along then.  Does the pinking up ever happen before 3 weeks?

Last edited:

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, STILL waiting.  I'm going crazy!!  Everyone else had their kittens.  I have been really worried the kitten died in there and mumified, but I am positive I felt something large moving last night, it could not have been gas. 

This is too much drama for me...

nadia4589

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HappyKitty, i am still waiting aswell. my cat fluffy was laying on my tummy today and there is tons of movement in there, i just dont know when the day will get here that she will have those babies!! her nipples are pink, and she has been nesting once everyday this week but other than that normal behavior, running around eating tons being her usual self.
sending you vibes for a soon delivery and i hope fluffy delivers soon too :D

kelsea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm am so sorry you guys are still waiting! I pray for healthy deliverys and less post baby drama and difficulties than I had!

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, sending vibes for you Nadia. 

Muffin has gained 2 pounds since she adopted us.  She is up to 9lbs now and looks good. 

Last edited:

sassybaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like an up date I know this is a old thread but you never even let us know if she had them