Waiting for the anesthesia to wear off.

brian77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had my baby spayed today and just brought her home. Should could barely keep her balance but gained it long enough to get to her food dish. She ate the half portion of food and the oral painkiller they gave me and now is just laying on the floor looking stoned. I can't wait for it to wear off I hate seeing her like this.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I know.. we all feel like this. 

Just give it time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brian77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's starting to come around. Rubbing on my legs and purring. Gave her a little more food and now she seems a lot better.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to take my new baby in to be spayed most likely next week, as the shelter couldn't do so before I adopted her. She had a cold and was on doxycycline for awhile. And I'm a little paranoid about it, just like I was with my boys when I got them neutered in August. But even more so with Penelopy.

Glad your baby is doing well :)

icklekins

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had my baby spayed today and just brought her home. Should could barely keep her balance but gained it long enough to get to her food dish. She ate the half portion of food and the oral painkiller they gave me and now is just laying on the floor looking stoned. I can't wait for it to wear off I hate seeing her like this.
My recently spayed kitty has a heating pad I cover with a towel. So far she loves laying on it. I think it must feel good on the incision site. Dunno if you have something similar, but it might be worth a try to see of it helps her feel better!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor kitty.  When my mother's younger dog was spayed she couldn't figure out how to sit down.  She is an old girl now; but I remember she was leaning against the couch dozing off.  My mother had to help her lay down.  Those meds are awful strong sometimes!  

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad your girl is feeling better. 

When Hekitty was spayed, I called just before the appointed pick-up time, and they told me they wanted to keep her overnight, as she was away, but very groggy.  I was in a panic all night long.  Next day she was fine, but boy did I worry that night!