Waiting and waiting.........

kareneb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is my beautiful girl.

She's due any day now and we're both just playing the waiting game. 

How far over the 63 days is acceptable to wait before I should worry and take her to the vets?

She's absolutely fine in herself, eating well and wandering about in between naps.

She's shown very little interest in the nesting boxes but scrabbled a little in one last night for 5 mins.

Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would say at least 5 days, perhaps even 7, before its time for worrying and vet visits.

You CAN phone your vet earlier if you wish and do have a good telephone answering vet.   :)

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kareneb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. She's 3 days over due now so I'll wait a few more and hope she has them soon. 

kareneb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's still hanging on to the kittens in there. Very clingy at the moment and definitely looking for places to have them.

She keeps going behind the sofa and scrabbling about. I really don't want her to have them there but she seems determined.

Will it be a bad idea to move them to a kittening box if she does have them there?

zookeeper93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. Our big mama paws at the ground like she's in the litter box. Just out of the blue. She has a birthing box in the back part of our closet, behind some built ins. It is the quietest place. I think she will prefer it once they are born but she seems to like other places right now, like the couch in the living room. :(

Keep us posted and best of luck for healthy babies and safe delivery

kareneb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Best of luck to you too. hope they are all born safe and healthy. 

I'll post some pics when mine come along. Would love to see yours too. And hope it's soon for us both. :D

zookeeper93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Karen,

Any kitten's yet? Just checking in on you and how things are going.

We had our kitten's July 1. 6 little beauties. 2 all black, 2 grey tabby with socks, one grey tabby no socks (she snuck that one in after I thought she was done) and a dilute orange tabby. 

kareneb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, congratulations. 6. Wow. :D

I'm still waiting. lol. Spoken to the vet and he says as long as she's still happy and the kittens are still moving then all is ok.

I hope she has them soon. 

Would love to see pics of your 6. Did she want you close when in labour? 

zookeeper93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Yes, she did want us close. She is an affectionate cat but that evening, she was SUPER affectionate. She always liked petting but she was in our laps, which was different for her. She also, out of nowhere, walked up and attacked our Maltese. We knew that behavior was way out of character for her and knew they showed aggression to once friends. Boy did she. She did not go off of food, just ate less. My husband and I were actually just talking in the closet with her, the lights were on and everything and she just laid down and started pushing one out. This is not her first litter, and she was pretty matter of fact about what was going on. I also found some of the mucus plug in the litter box and knew it could not be too much longer. Her noticeable personality changes were within 3 or so hours of her birthing the first one. She did throw me a loop on the last one. 5 were born within an hour 15 minutes. I waited more than a half hour before going to bed, then woke up to a 6th one. We have two really small ones, #3 and #5, who 18 hrs after birth were 93 and 91 grams. They are gaining so they are doing well. They are both 112 grams today, almost 24 hrs later. The largest is at 125 grams from 109 yesterday. He's the orange one named Jarvin. He is staying here. He has been claimed by my youngest (15) son. 2 others have forever homes, Itty Bitty girl, #3, going to my nieces. So that leaves three to find homes for. I'd gladly keep them but I have 3 already, including Mama (Who really needs a name). 

kareneb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh. She's adorable, and so are her babies.I hope they all continue to thrive.

Jarvin is so cute. I love orange cats.

My girl is called Kayfur. I'm going to be keeping 1 of the kittens and my daughter would like one.

I have a few people showing interest in having 1 too. Hopefully they will all be homed before they are old enough to leave mum.

Kayfur is pacing and fidgetty this evening so I'm hoping it's a sign.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Karen, ZooKeeper, please dont chat too much, its bewildering for all others who try and follow threads. for example us advisors.

Better if every threadstarter has her own thread, and put in all own details in there.  Just shorter comments, advices and encourament in others threads. 

You can also link to your own thread if you want.   :)

Good luck!

Last edited: