Vomitting and other symptoms

Catsanddogs1238

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I posted here about my cat this past week but I will say my concerns again so you get the full picture. My cat is an indoor neutered vaccinated 2 year old male persian. He has never thrown up since i have had him and generally healthy. Last night around 11 pm he threw up 3/4 hours after he ate his normal everyday food I looked at it and it had his food and a hairball. This morning he ate at 6:00 am he was super hungry but I only gave him a tiny bit then waited and gave him a tiny bit again at 7:15 am. He vomited three hours later. As well as photos of my concerns. In saturday he did a Diarrhea PCR panel waiting for results. The vet fit him in for a 1 pm appointment today. Are there any tests you suggest I ask the doctor to do? The technician said they would do a full blood count test and check dehydration. Im worried also today if he cant keep food down - do i only give him water? Please help Im so concerned. Thank you.

Noticed a week ago:
-Both thumb claws are black under neath
-Black specks around nipple and upper left side of body (not flea dirt)
-Discoloration entrance of ear

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You may have already gone to the vet, so the question about giving him only water is probably resolved. At this point, it seems as if indications point in the direction of parasites of some kind, but in looking at your pics today, I wondered if the black spots are like dandruff or if they are attached to the skin, as a discoloration. I think you said that they can be rubbed off, but there could still be a difference.

You are doing the PCR and waiting for results (already had it run) and a full blood panel should alert the vet to any other red flags which might be there and not be parasite related.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catsanddogs1238

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You may have already gone to the vet, so the question about giving him only water is probably resolved. At this point, it seems as if indications point in the direction of parasites of some kind, but in looking at your pics today, I wondered if the black spots are like dandruff or if they are attached to the skin, as a discoloration. I think you said that they can be rubbed off, but there could still be a difference.

You are doing the PCR and waiting for results (already had it run) and a full blood panel should alert the vet to any other red flags which might be there and not be parasite related.
Thank you for your response! He had a ringworm culture done (have to wait for results), and a blood test she said everything was normal but the liver was a little higher then usual. 67 i think. She gave him an injection of cerenia. Also said if he continues to vomit after eating they will dona specific liver blood test and look at his pancreas. His nail she said was just dirt. But the dirt speckles didnt say much.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for the update. Continued vomiting would warrant additional testing for liver and pancreas, but hopefully this will be resolved with the Cerenia.