Vomiting, Slight Temperature, Now Normal

sarah ann

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat vomited 4 times yesterday. Sometimes clear water, other times food. I was certain she would need to go to the vet first thing this morning.

I gave her broth last night to get fluids in her. Her temperature was 103. Went ahead and started her on Clavamox in case of infection.

This morning she is back to normal. Ate her breakfast and begged for more. Temperature normal. I'm thinking of continuing the antibiotics, as she needs them for an unrelated issue. (Eosinophilic granuloma).

Urination was normal as well.

She is due for a vet visit. She has one tooth that might need to be looked at. It is discolored. But I don't know about the stomach upset. She does eat bugs and throw up sometimes.

I do need suggestions for getting her pills in her. She will bite if you put them in her mouth. I've used pill pockets but I opened the bag and they were moldy so I threw them out.

darkhorse321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would take her to the vet. Self medicating her may be hiding a more serious issue. She could have an infected tooth that can cause other issues. My best to you both! :)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with darkhorse 321. If THEN you need to give her antibiotics, then I'd get a new packet of pill pockets, or some soft treats that you can form around the pills. Or use cream cheese or liverworst or something like that. they make pastes you can use to cover pills. You can even use cheese whiz.