Vomiting And Diarrhea

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my cat puked undigested food
After eating and with small hair
I though maybe he eat it so fast his bowl
Was empty i don't know .. so i give him some chicken breast and on midnight i saw diarrhea i don't know from the chicken or he got another issue
(( he has IBD and i tried chicken before but still show the diarrhea ))
Anyway after puked he was fine playing and running and today he is like normal days Quite and sleepy
(( he rarely playing on normal days ))
I don't know i’m thinking to much ??
And this is not the first time every few month i got the same issue and i didn't need vet its so expensive i will pay all my money if its necessary
He is in 100% wet food
No dry food
What you guys suggest ??

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I can't really suggest anything at this point. But, I do have questions.

What wet food does he eat, and have you recently changed the food? Abrupt food changes can digestive issues. That could also be the cause of the diarrhea after eating chicken if he is not used to getting chicken.

Does he get hairballs, and if so, what do you use to treat them? Sometimes, cats will throw up undigested food if they are having an issue with a hairball. If that were the case, it could explain why this is not the first time it has happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. I can't really suggest anything at this point. But, I do have questions.

What wet food does he eat, and have you recently changed the food? Abrupt food changes can digestive issues. That could also be the cause of the diarrhea after eating chicken if he is not used to getting chicken.

Does he get hairballs, and if so, what do you use to treat them? Sometimes, cats will throw up undigested food if they are having an issue with a hairball. If that were the case, it could explain why this is not the first time it has happened.
He eat fancy feast turkey for long time
I didn't change it

About the hairball i’m thinking maybe its the problem ?? He is along hair cat
I brush him daily but cant take all the hair out .. and i don't give him anything

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since he doesn't routinely eat chicken, that might be the issue with the diarrhea. No way to tell for sure - other than if you stop and he doesn't get diarrhea you will know he either can't tolerate chicken, or you would have to give him just a little bit with his regular food, instead of in place of his regular food.

For hairballs, something as simple as butter/margarine might work, if he will eat it. Put a dab on your finger or on his paw to try. At first you might want to do it for 2-3 days in a row, and then back off to maybe a couple of times a week.

Also, I used to give Tawny (RIP) a dab of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) to help with hairballs - he loved it! But, tbh, none of my other cats did.