Vomiting And Diarrhea

fizzandalaska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

My kitten (4 months) has been vomiting about twice a week for the past 2 1/2 weeks and has had diarrhea/soft poop. However, he is eating and playing and acting normal aside from that.

I wasn't sure if I should schedule a vet visit or maybe wait a bit longer to see how things play out.

I recently spent $300 on my other kitten (I'm a college student) when she got sick and the vet could tell me absolutely nothing about what was wrong with her. He did a bunch of tests with came back negative and just sent her home with antibiotics. Luckily she got better but after that experience, I've been a little iffy. I love my cats to death so I'm quick to give in to any tests/medications suggested by vets, especially when they scare me into thinking it could be something deadly.

I'm just unsure what the right steps are and found myself on this forum searching for advice for other fellow cat owners.

Thanks!

CatLoaf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand your financial constraints, but IMO it's good to get it checked out. With kittens especially vomiting and diarrhea can lead to dehydration which is no bueno. Plus vomiting and diarrhea can be indicative of a much bigger issue (or a very minor one).

If you can't afford it there are organizations that can help (Having trouble affording veterinary care? : The Humane Society of the United States). Others may have other resources or advice.

Hope kitty gets better soon!

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittens can quickly become dehydrated from diarrhea and vomiting. I’d suggest taking him to the vet. If you don’t trust your vet, try a different one. It’s very important to have a vet you can trust will do everything for your babies.