Vocal destructive cat

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I adopted my cat a little over a month ago so I am still getting used to his behavior and such. He has come out of his shell a lot and is kind of crazy lol. I took him to the vet he got all bloodwork done came back great and they addressed my concerns about his behavior. He is veryyyy vocal. In the morning before his automatic feeder goes, after it goes off in the morning, and before I go to bed at night. He also trills a lot, from research I think that’s the correct word! Anyway, he’s super playful and can get kind of destructive. When I adopted him they said he was 4, and the vet thinks he’s probably 2. At night he tends to start playing with the blinds, curtains, and trying to jump on this big piece of furniture (I had to put tinfoil, he still tries!). I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. Literally as I am writing this he jumped on top of the furniture! It’s a really big piece so I get scared. I inserted a picture. I’ve had cats before but never to this extent of energy haha!
You have a little energizer bunny! He'd be a great candidate for adventure cat training. This playlist has been a huge help to me in adventure training and strengthening the bond with my cat:
Do you have any idea if he likes other cats? Maybe get him a feline buddy... or a canine!

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is he Siamese? His behavior sounds a lot like my Smudge. And for Siamese is totally normal. They’re crazy but oh so very loving. And very entertaining!
I do have another kitty though, so Smudge does have a companion to play with - they tear around like little maniacs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

franklinsmother

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is he Siamese? His behavior sounds a lot like my Smudge. And for Siamese is totally normal. They’re crazy but oh so very loving. And very entertaining!
I do have another kitty though, so Smudge does have a companion to play with - they tear around like little maniacs.
Nope! Just a domestic shorthair. My vet does say he is more medium hair lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

franklinsmother

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You have a little energizer bunny! He'd be a great candidate for adventure cat training. This playlist has been a huge help to me in adventure training and strengthening the bond with my cat:
Do you have any idea if he likes other cats? Maybe get him a feline buddy... or a canine!
I have no clue if he likes other cats but once I move out I am going to try!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Maggie was very very very wild as a kitten. Bonkers! Toys she loved were the ripple rug,cats meow, purrfect leather bouncer cat loungers,and the go cat catcher with a mouse attachment