Visit with Dillinger at Humane Society

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Nice gift!!!

Dilinger has fantastic eyes here, and looks adorable.   I hope he finds a loving furever home soon.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank You! I hope someone scoops him up too! I have loved him since I laid eyes on him over a year ago.  He doesn't approach people, but he is a cuddler when he is alone.  I should have known not to wear khaki pants to cuddle a black kitta!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
beautiful eyes
why don't you adopt him. You've both obviously have a love connection.
Celloptape will take the black fur off.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would love to adopt him, but I have 4 that have a perfect order of hierarchy I know adding more would could create stress which would lead to illness in the bunch.  I have one very jealous kitty. He even hates my daughter.  I would have to hire a behaviorist to fix him.  He deserves a home with some special attention.  I have had black cats my entire life and they have a very special place in my heart. I think they get overlooked especially with a Siamese or a Persian sitting next to him.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an abandoned siamese. I've always wanted one but would never buy a pedigree. Too many shelter cats need homes. And I Have A Black And White
Street cat. They love each other, once
whisky, the siamese, had thoroughly taught blighty, the street cat, who was alpha. They're both males and have both
been done.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a great way to add cats to your life, and helping them find a furever home,  without adding complications to your existing group. 
  He really is a gorgeous looking cat.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
He's gorgeous! It's true that black cats tend to be overlooked or shunned due to stupid superstitions, but luckily there are fans of the little black panther lookalikes. :cross: that somebody soon falls in love with Dillinger.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on Dillinger.  I had a day off today and went to the Humane Society to donate some automatic feeders and to visit Dillinger.  He was adopted last Thursday.  It made my day and I am so happy he found his forever home!!!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great news that Dillinger got adopted.    Just curious though,  how does sponsoring a cat at a shelter work?

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Adoption fee here is $85 dollars which I think is a steal. I paid the $85 and they put on his cage sponsored pet that way he may get noticed where as before he was ignored.  Anyone who has had to pay their personal vet to spay/neuter, immunize, worm, flea treat and test for FIV/FELV knows it will far exceed $85.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, $85 is very reasonable.  I paid $150 for Ruby,  which included her first vet visit.  But I doubt $150 came close to covering the vet bills from her SPCA stay, as she needed to be spayed, had broken teeth, eye infection, fleas, etc. when she was brought in to them.

Kittymomma1122, though Dillenger will never know, you gave him a wonderful gift by making it easy for his fur-ever parent(s) to adopt him.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh and so that means the people get to take him without paying the fee ??? I don't need to go near that place if they have many cats like that. :lol3: Seriously, he is beautiful. I will always have that most special place in my heart for black cats. My soul mate kitty was a black and white tux. What a wonderful ending to this story. Bless you for what you did.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yes, $85 is very reasonable.  I paid $150 for Ruby,  which included her first vet visit.  But I doubt $150 came close to covering the vet bills from her SPCA stay, as she needed to be spayed, had broken teeth, eye infection, fleas, etc. when she was brought in to them.

Kittymomma1122, though Dillenger will never know, you gave him a wonderful gift by making it easy for his fur-ever parent(s) to adopt him.
I told him every time I have visited him for the last year and a half I would find him a home one way or another.
Oh and so that means the people get to take him without paying the fee ??? I don't need to go near that place if they have many cats like that.
Seriously, he is beautiful. I will always have that most special place in my heart for black cats. My soul mate kitty was a black and white tux. What a wonderful ending to this story. Bless you for what you did.
I would like to take them home too, but I have 4. The best I can do is pay for the long termers because our shelter is not a no kill and I would hate for the beautiful kitties to be euthanized because they are laid back and did not have the exposure of some of the other cats. I have a tux that belonged with my feral litter. She went up for adoption and no one took her.  I was shocked because she is gorgeous.  My ferals are all spayed so no more kittens. I have 1 tux, 2 black shorthairs and 1 bicolor longhair.  Even my parents and inlaws walk right past my shorthairs to tell my longhair what a beautiful boy he is.