· Vintage Tv ·

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I remember meeting a woman years ago who worked at CBS Television in the Fairfax district. ( a neighborhood in Los Angeles ) She told me Carol and Vickie were very nice "regular people" type. Apparently the cast often would come out on stage and interact with the audience. I remember how much Mom and I liked the show .
Also the same for Sonny & Cher . :)

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
:wink:´ ~ This one I liked . A surprise ending ...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dragnet was a little before my time but I have seen it. Growing up I watched Lassie, Mr. Ed, The Donna Reed Show, Leave It To Beaver, My Three Sons, The Patty Duke Show, Gidget and Laugh-In.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dragnet was a little before my time but I have seen it. Growing up I watched Lassie, Mr. Ed, The Donna Reed Show, Leave It To Beaver, My Three Sons, The Patty Duke Show, Gidget and Laugh-In.
To this day, my brother and I will sing the theme song to Mr. Ed. We still know every word. I liked the Addams Family, not so much The Munsters; I don't know which one came first. Petticoat Junction (but not Green Acres). I always liked Bewitched; when the show first came on, we had a bedtime at 8:00. Bewitched came on later than that. But by that time, Dad was always asleep in his chair in the living room. I'd get out of bed, stand in the bathroom doorway and watch tv. If Dad stirred and wanted to know what I was doing up, I'd just say that I was going to the bathroom. Worked every time. I'd do that for The Outer Limits, too. And several other shows.

I liked it better when Nick at Nite played the old B/W shows. You can find Friends anywhere, same with Two and a Half Men. But the Ann Southern Show was a hoot, so was Dobie Gillis and they were both on Nick at Nite at one time. Donna Reed, too. We don't get any tv channels that show the old B/W shows anymore. Other than the old westerns and Andy Griffith, that is. I'd watch them.

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
To this day, my brother and I will sing the theme song to Mr. Ed. We still know every word.
~ Ah yes ... I remember that happy show. Loved the talking horse !
➡ Here is handsome Alan Young & pretty Connie Hines in 2006 at a personal appearance in California :

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Ah yes ... I remember that happy show. Loved the talking horse !
➡ Here is handsome Alan Young & pretty Connie Hines in 2006 at a personal appearance in California :
Very occasionally I see an old rerun of Mr. Ed and I just love those shows! Another show I've seen a lot of reruns of is the Brady Bunch. :thumbsup: Such a nice wholesome TV family living in a much simpler time.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved a lot of the shows from the 60's and 70's. George and Gracie, Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, Lassie Leave it to Beaver and many many more/

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't exactly remember Dragnet, but I can binge watch Leave to Beaver and Andy Griffith. Also love a lot of the old Twilight Zone episodes. Carol Burnett and Bob Newhart were great!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy I love Bob Newhart! There's just something about his very dry wit. I loved the Bob Newhart show as well as Newhart (set in Vermont). The series finale of Newhart was an absolute hoot. If you never saw it and you're a Newhart fan and a fan of both shows, you'd love it. And Newhart was even good as Professor Proton on Big Bang. I really like that guy.

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
~ This TV show was actually filmed on location - believe it or not ! I started to watch a few minutes just for nostalgia ( 1962 ) and ended up seeing the entire episode. A surprise ending !

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
✔ There was some real thoughtfulness in writing back in early television. This one is even better. Warning : sad ending `:bawling: