Vibes Needed

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My day started at 1:30pm today. I was shocked that I slept that long and they kitties let me. I first checked on Molly who was under the bed instead of sleeping on me. She looked ok but was sleepy. She came out to sleep at hubby's chair for 2 hours before hiding under the bed again. She hasn't eaten much since this morning. She loves her treats and hasn't begged for them at all. We tried dinner, treats, dry food & then tuna. I only saw her urinate once today. If she doesn't perk up by tomorrow morning I will get her to the vet. I just hope my sweetie is ok. She is usually full of love. Hubby said she wanted to play this morning but we keep her locked up with me after he leaves at 6am. I hope she is just mad and not sick.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Vibes for your {({({({({(Molly)})})})})} that everything is ok and she's just having an off day. Hugs for you
while waiting to find out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby said she didn't come out this morning for food. He just left 30 minutes ago. I got her out from under the bed and she peed in the litter. She then wanted out of the room but came back in minutes. She won't eat her treats or drink water. I have no idea how she peed. I wiped the litter with tissues and it isn't bloody. I am going to stay up worrying until the vet opens and hubby gets home.

Does the cat flu hit in hours?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im not sure about cat flu, but I am sending vibes that Molly starts feeling better.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Molly has a 104 fever. Good/Bad news is she sneezed blood when they did the blood work. Good news is she only does it at home and someone else has seen it. Bad news is the vet is concerned about this. They consulted my other vet and are sticking to antihistamine for the bloody nose. She also got fluids, a shot for the fever and antibiotics. The vet said stress/overexcited could have caused the nose bleed. Anyone understand blood work results? I missed half of what she said but she wasn't concerned about the results.

What a month! $700 in vet bills. I just hope no one else gets sick. Thanks for the vibes. I hope she starts eating tomorrow.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some {{{get well soon}}} and {{{eat for your Meowmy}}} vibes for Molly. I hope all the meds kick in soon and she starts to feel better and gets her appetite back.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope she's going to be ok! Vibes for it being nothing major and that she has a very quick recovery. Sometimes when I have a cold and sneeze I burst a capilliary in my nose and have a little bit of bleeding, so I hope she's not got anything more serious than that.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far she has been out of the bedroom for 10 hours. I had to get her out from under the bed though. First we gave her the antibiotic and she then had some treats. She threw up about 2 hours later. I also tried to give her the antihistamine but she started foaming at the mouth b/c she tasted it. Then around dinner time she had some tuna. She later threw that up after going potty-both ends
She hasn't had water today. I am concerned about that. I did use the syringe twice to give her water. Her spirit is much better. Before her eyes were sunken in and she wouldn't let us touch her. Thanks for the vibes!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She isn't eating or drinking yet. She is using the litter box. They gave her fluids on Thursday. When should I be really concerned??? She only had one antibiotic so far. I have to give the second one today.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I knew what to say...I take it your vet didn't tell you when to expect your cat to start drinking again after the fluids? Can you call your vet's office and share your concerns, and ask about the eating & drinking?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would be concerned. Let us know what the vet says. Continued vibes for Molly

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others about speaking with your vet again. If your worried then you are right to be worried, we all know what it feels like when our kits are "off colour"
even when things are ok in a couple of days, its a rotten feeling
and speaking with a vet can help ease things for you
Heres whizzing tons of get well soon >>>>>> vibes <<<<<<< to Molly and some
from my kits too

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called the Vet and spoke to another lady. They said that cats can go a week without eating though they don't like to see that. She said to keep an eye on her and call Monday if things don't improve. She also suggested to keep the ER vet number on hand, which we have. Molly did throw up over 4 hours after the antibiotic. It was yellow which reminds me of sinus stuff. The vet said we need to give the antibiotics time to work. Molly's mood is pretty good. She played for 2 minutes and is purring like crazy. Still no food or water.

Hubby said she woke him up this morning which is the first time since Thursday.
She asked for food but didn't eat it. She is going potty on her own too.

Thanks everyone! I will update later.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats cannot go a week without eating. Their liver will start to shut down. I always heard they cannot go longer than 24 hours.