Vibes for my Dad

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Laurie. Sending many vibes and hugs your way. It's good they're monitoring him so closely. Hope he's soon on the road to recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all SO much!

My mom and dad live in what's called an "Assisted Living Community" - which for them is like a condo resort with maid service and meals served in a dining room for lunch/dinner weekdays and brunch on weekends. There is a full-time care nursing facility there, called Skilled Nursing. When my dad is released, he'll be going into the skilled nursing section. It's about a 3-minute walk for my mom. She believes he'll be there full time and not coming back home.
BUT - when he's doing well, she can take him out or for meals, and he can come home to their apartment during the day if she's there (she has a book club, a quilting club, she teaches line dancing and some other things she does), he'll just sleep in Skilled Nursing.

His blood sugar levels are starting to normalize, and he's definitely responding to the treatment for the pneumonia. No fluid collecting in his lungs, and no more fever.
Looks like he may be released tomorrow.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good news, Laurie!! Keeping the flowing, and the fingers
that he continues doing well. That sounds like a great community they are in.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry hun, I missed this, I am so sorry about your dad but so glad he is recovering and it must be horrible for your mum when they have been together so long to be seperated. I understand about diabetes as my grandad has it and through this he has kidney failure. I send you lots of vibes hun and I hope your mum is doing okay.xx

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your dad's doing better, Laurie.
It's a good thing that he's able to live in a place that provides care like that. I'm sure it helps your mom out, too.

More
& that he'll continue to improve!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So happy to hear this news about your dad
. Sounds like a wonderful community your parents live in. Prayers are still coming your way for your dad that he continues to do better each day

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad he is doing better. You must feel reasured that they live in such a wonderful place! Continded flying his way!

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Laurie, that is great news

It will be a bit of an adjustment for both of your parents but it sounds like they live in a great place.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O my goodness. I am so glad he is coming around. I have worked in AL places and it will be good for them to still be together.

I hope your dad continues to get better and maybe even go back with your mom at some point.

I will keep them in my prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He moved back to the Skilled Nursing section where my mom & dad live yesterday.
My mom's stress level is normalizing LOL.

Thank you all so much for the vibes, good thoughts & prayers!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

He moved back to the Skilled Nursing section where my mom & dad live yesterday.
My mom's stress level is normalizing LOL.

Thank you all so much for the vibes, good thoughts & prayers!
That's good news hun, atleast your mum can see him a lot and I bet this is a big reassurance to her.xx

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, man.....that sounds great, Laurie. You must feel mighty relieved!!! More vibes that things keep going well.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie, so relieved for you that your dad is out of the hospital
. And yes, I am sure your mom was pretty frightened with what happenned and is feeling better too. Continuing to send your "P's" mega

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, I'm so sorry I didn't see this thread sooner! You must have been so worried. I'm happy to hear your Dad is doing better, which I know means your Mom is doing better, too.

Sending many your familiy's way!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just seeing this thread now. I haven't been spending much time on the computer.

I'm so glad to hear that your Dad is improving. Continued thoughts and good energy going out his way!