Vets Told Me My Cat Is X Bengal What Do You Guys Think ?

Zoeann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vets told me my 7 week old kitten is part bengal he's beautiful but what do you all think and thank you in advance x

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful boy! I don't see any Bengal in him- at least not recent influence, the Bengal brown is slightly different (more chestnutty), and they don't have white patches. Your sweet kitten would be called a brown spotted tabby and white Domestic Shorthair.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I was serious about why your vet would tell you your kitten was part Bengal. I had a lot of people tell me my Tabbinese Tigers were part Bengal which I promptly took up with two veterinarians and a vet tech who knew the exotic breeds well. While both vets were outright no the tech wasn't but was quick to explain that without documentation you don't really know.
Your kitten is beautiful and perfect and the breed doesn't matter. You can make up a wonderful name for your kittens exotic perfection and confound the veterinarian at your next visit by insisting it be put on their records.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
In my experience, even the most knowledgeable vets don't have as much experience with different cat breeds. One vet told me that Charlie was an American Shorthair, and another once told me that he's a Siamese!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experience, even the most knowledgeable vets don't have as much experience with different cat breeds. One vet told me that Charlie was an American Shorthair, and another once told me that he's a Siamese!
I agree. The vet tech worked with exotics and would not rule out some connection fairly far back. Under his breath he did softly say these are going to be very athletic cats...I don't care my only concern was if they were and had special needs either dietary or environmental.