Vets Can't Diagnose My Cat's Illness...can You?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmsimons

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
107 fever????? I'd freak out.
=( I am so sorry you and your poor guy had to experience this. I really really hope it never happens again!
We had a little dog develop puking after every meal. Nausea was slim (only once did they lose their appetite) and stool was always 100% normal, perfect. Surgeries, X-rays, bloodwork, etc., showed all was well. It took a lot of work with a lot of vets but the problem was brought under control, and the triggers were identified. I hope the same is true for your little guy.
How did you identify the triggers?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Good question, and the answer is no! He had his last round of vaccines last year.
When last year? If it was before July ask the vet next time when he should get his next booster,

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did you identify the triggers?
At the risk of sounding like the obsessive person I am....we kept a daily log.
I won't lie, it's time consuming and tedious and we missed some days. But overall...
We logged everything that they ate, what they did that day, how they acted. We wrote down any odd behavior and any odd happening. We kept things written with the date. If they were acting "off" we made a note and made a detailed log as to what they were doing, what they ate, etc.
With food we found fatty stuff was usually followed within a day or so of acting lethargic and "owie" in the stomach area. With fish oil, same thing. With leaner foods (less fat, not less protein) and coconut oil we did not see these things.
We met with a really good vet at the recommendation of a serious agility competitor friend, and this vet was unable to find the actual problem but was no fool and realized that his entire body had taken a serious toll and sent us home with an adrenal support (stress = hell on adrenals!)
Later, we contacted a homeopath we had used in the past (please no one give us crap comments of how "voodoo" or "fake" this is...we're aware this is a very controversial subject) and they, after a few emails and phone calls, managed to narrow down a remedy to help him. Two remedies and this pup was back to normal, and over the years he'd have a random flare up and a single dosage helped him.
I can't explain it, but it worked.
(Again, if anyone is reading that has their hackles up armed with articles "proving" it doesn't work.....please just don't challenge me. It worked, we're happy, our dog was happy and I'm not interested in hijacking a thread or starting a debate. IDK how it worked, but it did.)

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your cat. I didn't think IBD was enough to kill a cat, unless they suffered chronic fever. Never heard of that happening before.
Thanks. It was very sad and I'm still extremely sad.
IBD is an autoimmune disease. The lining of the colon thickens because the cells multiply so much. It has nothing to do with fever. What happened with my cat was eventually he could no longer pass stool because his colon swelled shut. He didn't respond to any of the treatments, at all. Nothing worked on him. It was very sad. Other than that, he was very healthy. It was suspected he also had GI lymphoma but the biopsy never revealed it. That's very hard to diagnose.

Anytime there is blood in stool it should not be taken lightly.