Veterinarians/staff

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I took two cats for routine stuff today and was asked by one of the vets what I wanted to do with my cat Cullen, who was sadly put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. I had told another vet twice that I wanted him cremated. This vet also asked me about the body of another cat in their refrigerator. (I've lost four seniors this past year) I had no idea she was talking about Jasper, who died in April. I told the vet that I wanted someone at their office to bury him. He has been in the refrigerator since he died. I am disturbed by the lack of communication, but I realize that it doesn't really matter. They lived good lives, I believe, and I think they are at the Rainbow Bridge now, but it irks me that they didn't do what I asked them to do. I have not said anything to the owner of the clinic, but I'm sure she knows about it already. She is a veterinarian as well.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I brought my cat to be cremated (she passed at home) there was paperwork for me to fill out and sign for consent. I'm not sure if they have a fee for taking care of furbabies that people cannot have cremated or buried somewhere on their own.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is really odd. I have had two euthanized at the vet clinic that I still take my now one cat to. For both I wanted them cremated and the ashes returned. They took care of having them picked up by the service they use, the service then called me to confirm what I wanted done and I gave them my credit card number over the phone. I then went back to the vet clinic to pick up them up. I didn't pay extra but they were each in a nice wooden box with a brass plate. I also got a paw print.

I don't mean to be insensitive but it seems a sanitation issue to have them that long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the feedback. I was curious if anyone had ever encountered something like this.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
That is odd. Very strange they didn't ask before now what you wanted to do.

We've been able to bring our cats home after euthanasia for burial here on our property, so I haven't had to deal with the clinic needing to do anything.