VET VISIT or NO VET VISIT

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 2 year old tailless wonder. She is sweet when she wants to be and rather onery when she is not in the mood, vet visits = onery. This morning she comes up to me and I notice she has what looked like a piece of wood or grass stuck between the lip fold under the nose. After 10 or 12 scratches from her I finally got my fingers on the piece and expected it to get pulled out easily well it didn't it took some tugging. After I got it out it looked like a piece of natural broom. I have no idea how it got there. She's acting fine, should I take her to the vet? It's a production getting her there and it's hit or miss catching her. The fact I had to tug at the piece to get it out worries me I'm not sure of the anatomy up there and what would cause something to have to be tugged out like that.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like it is actually a foxtail.

This would have needed to be tugged out quite firmly, as they have a way of working their way in, but not out and get hung up by small wisps going the opposite direction.

No vet, but that is only said if tmrw she doesn't have any signs of swelling at all.

If there is another part to it left in there, sure enough it will swell.

Then it will need vet intervention.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep that is what was worried about that I didn't get it all out. I'll watch her.