Vet Says Possible Bacterial Infection From Raw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cats&Coffee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was thinking whether you may want to stop giving raw till the kitty is well as in no diarrhoea or vomitting? You can give the Hills canned food perscribed by the vet, for the time being if the kitty eats and of course no vomitting. Get the parasite clear and the stool back to normal. I assumed your vet will give probiotic too along with the antibiotic?

My kitty just turned one yr old and on human grade raw boneless meat with EzComplete premix for almost 2.5 months now. Primal freeze dried as treats and occasionally takes Feline Natural Canned just in case of emergency when I need them as replacement.
Previously he was fully on kibbles. Due to a bad with bloody diarrhoea caused by parasite, he was on antibiotic & probiotics. The parasite was cleared but the diarrhoea still persist. Vet recommended Hills I/D as suspected his digestive sys became sensitive and he was still very young. After taking the Hills, the diarrhoea stopped. And vet suggested let him continue to take Hills. Due to Hills canned food are expensive, I started to google and read all about cats food. After about 5 mths on Hills, I successfully transist my kitty to raw diet. And he is doing great now. I do give probiotic once a while if there is a bit of loose ones. And he will be back to normal. I bought fresh raw meat from supermkt just for 3 weeks supply. Not really want to store longer than that for "freshness" reason. :)

Thus, think you should get your kitty back to health first and then transist to raw diet. When they are healthy, their immune system plus their digestive system will be able to handle any general bacteria that could exist in the raw meat.
Yes that is the plan. It is just super discouraging because as soon as I get Stella closer to an entirely raw meal she has some sort of issue that I can't completely pin down. I'm not sure if she's having bacterial infections or if it's possible or she just can't handle raw? I'm not sure what to do at this point.