Vet Advice Confusion

gonger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey so Pumpkin went to the vet yesterday for a free consultation which turned into $150 in microchipping and vaccination. As a result I have 3 questions.

Can the vaccination schedule allow a month and two days between them? They booked me in for New Years Day and I think thats a holiday.

They told ne not to really pet her shoulders after she got chipped. How long til I can touch them without it moving or falling out?

She critiqued that pumpkin will eat 1 1/5 85g wet food pouches and 1/4 cup dry. I was following the servings on the packets but she said the wet food is a waste because dry food has the better concentration of nutrients. Is there a way to get Pumpkies off the wet? She barely touches dry as it is.

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For the vaccinations, that depends on which ones. The boosters all have different lengths of time required. 

Haha, you can pet her. The chip isn't going to fall out. They occasionally migrate a little under their skin but never far and it's not harmful. They probably advised you not to touch because she may be a little sore is all.

Dry food does have more concentrated nutrients and calories, but wet food is important to keep your cat hydrated. The wet food is also good and nutritious, just less dense. It's fine for her to eat both wet and dry. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gonger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's a kitten and just had the first of the 3 intitial vaccinations. I don't know much more about them sorry.

The vet nonchalantly said if the chip comes out they can put it back in for me so I panicked. Thats good to know, I have to put her revolution in roughly the same spot.

Right, I mixed the two but I normally leave dry out all day but the wet makes it a bit of a risk. Pumpkin prefers the wet and as my new motto goes, you can lead a cat to food but you can't make them eat

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, she's just a baby? Go ahead and keep both wet and dry out so she can eat as much as she likes. That's what we do at the humane society. The wet food we take away after about 45 minutes just to be sure it doesn't spoil/get contaminated. Kittens are very good at stepping in their poo and then getting it EVERYWHERE.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gonger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay it gets pretty hot in our house so I take away her wet food after she has walked away.