very worried for my 9 month old kitty, heat symptoms or other?

mynxini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi everyone! i am so worried about my baby girl, mynx. mynx is a nine month old beautiful rescue kitten. i am guilty of putting off getting both mynx and mittens (her sister from same litter) fixed, they are not going to be bred or anything... after what happened with mynxi today.. i truly regret not heeding longterm cat owners advice and fixing them right away. i thought they were "different" and wouldnt ever grow up.
i realize how ignorant and immature my concept of this was.
but back to the point! today mynxi was acting totally normal, like her happy, laidback kitty self! but after running around our apartment chasing the laser toy with her sister for about 5-7 minutes, she suddenly laid down on the floor, stretching out. she started to do little murlickles "the best way to describe these little noises"- in between a meow and a purr. very cute. i thought she was just being cute.
suddenly her sister, mittens, walks up to her and lays down next to her and starts to hug her like a little baby. it was an unusual hug for them. so mittens holds onto little mynxi but suddenly mynxi stands up... or tries to. her hind legs looked like they had given out or paralyzed for a moment.
i became very panicked for my baby and thought she was very hurt somehow? she was crawling around the living room carpet using only her front paws with her rear extended toward the cieling and her tail in the shape of a question mark- all the while making the murlickle noises. this went on for about an hour. after researching her symptoms i concluded that she began her heat cycle.
this calmed me down. however, she laid back down and suddenly the symptoms have been gone for the past 5 hours now. she ate, drank, and is sleeping- no howling or meowing or anything. she is acting completely normal, except kind of sad?
what is this? i plan on taking her to the vet to get her checked out asap come monday and getting both kitties spayed asap that the vet can do it. i do NOT want my kittens to suffer. it killed me to see her that way. but now i dont understand how she is totally fine "position" wise, but just low energy and down in the dumps? is this hormones? should i expect her to go back into heat or whatever it was and most importantly of all:
***are there any illnesses or issues that mimick the symptoms of heat in a 9 month old kitten?
i would appreciate your comments wholeheartedly. if something else can be wrong i dont want to wait until monday and rather take her to urgen care vet.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First of all, welcome to TCS!!
I would highly suspect that she is in heat.  I agree their behaviour can be quite scary when you see it for the first time.  I suggest you get them into the vet to have them spayed right away.  In the meantime be very careful when you open the door to go outside.  Cats in heat can be very crafty when trying to sneak out the door to meet a gentleman friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mynxini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you so much for the warm welcome & answering my post. she actually began to show same symptoms in the middle of the night tonight. its noon now and she is just laying with me being very nice, but i hope these are just the "warning signs" because there hasnt been any howling yet and she stopped putting her booty in the air at the sky !
i sure hope this isnt an actual heat because if she can get through today and sunday safely, then the vet should be more likely to spay her when she is not in a full blown heat, amiright?

thank you again guys'