Very worried about my cat

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m terribly sorry for your dog!

the normal level is around 400, she was expecting him to be at 20 thousand but turns out he is actually at 130 thousand. It’s the biggest she has ever seen. To me that sounds absolutely awful but the vet is telling me he still has a good chance
Some numbers are more reactive than the others, it could go sooooo much higher than the normal range, but still reversible with aggressive treatment.

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh dear, Janeo99 ! You have had a horrid few days. So hopeful your kitty will recover ! Im so sorry for your loss of your dog ! :sniffle: Please keep us posted on how your little fur baby is coming along and I hope this is the end of your misery !! Sheese !! :alright::crossfingers:

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I too am so sorry about your dog and what is happening with your cat. I hope your kitty makes a quick recovery.

Foreverlouiemylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is he neutered? If he is not, he would like to keep going outside for adventure. I still don’t know which one is good for cat’s happy life but many vets recommend to neuter/spray cat before a year old to protect their healthy and stress free life.
I see he’s 3 so it’s considered too late to neuter because he’s an grown up cat.

I think he ate something not good... I think you already saw a vet after this post.

some owner makes look outside with huge patio covered cage. I would make that for cat.
This is my dream to make it for my cat but I live in a condo so it’s impossible
About Catios & Cat Enclosures

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Janeo99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So yesterday I was feeling ok about this whole situation, spoke to the vet in the morning and she told me he is doing good again today and can possibly get home Thursday or Friday. Now I spoke to the vet this morning and i am being told he doesn’t look so good, he ate a bit and vomited and is still extremely weak, she said he isn’t out of the woods yet.

This is his 5th day at the vet now, I just feel like he hasn’t shown enough improvement. The vet told me that when cats start to eat it’s when they usually start really turning things around, he has been eating 3 days and hasn’t really shown any improvement besides that to be honest. I saw him two days ago and he is in this small cage, on so many drugs and he looks absolutely exhausted, I feel awful about putting him through this. I hate to think I’m putting him through this for nothing. He will get another test today, if his CK levels haven’t gone down a lot I am thinking that’s probably it, if they aren’t going down by now then I don’t think he is making it.

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
:sniffle: oh, how frustrating !! I hate these touch and go situations !! emotional roller coaster rides !! Still , its not over till its over and I would say , dont give up hope until its hopeless. His little body has been fighting , and maybe , just maybe he'll turn a corner ?? I sure hope so !! Thanks for updates, and hope you get better news today !! 🙏🙏

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Janeo99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So the last two days have been more positive, on Thursday night I was feeling pretty defeated but Friday morning they called and the vet seemed a lot more positive then the day before. I was told he was eating a lot of shredded chicken, taking it out of their hands quickly, going and using the litter box a lot more, the vet said he believed it was a big improvement.

This morning they texted me to give an update, said he was able to sit up himself for short periods and had a very good appetite. They were gonna so another CK test around lunch time. I was expecting an update soon after, now the vet is closed and I have no idea if I will be getting a call today or not. I would hate having to wait until tomorrow morning for an update but looks like I might not have a choice. I’m glad he is starting to show signs of recovery after a week at the vet but if his CK levels aren’t going down then that will be something to worry about.If they still aren’t down in a few days I may have no choice but to take him home and see how he goes.

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
SO happy to see glimmers of improvement !!! yay !! I sure hope your vet is mindful of not making you wait on pins and needles for more news !!! we're still praying and hoping for good updates !! Peanut is pretty tenacious ;) Hang in there !!! we're rooting for ya !!

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
Janeo99 .. any update on you furbaby ? hoping for good news on your end !! :crossfingers: 🙏:heartshape: