Very Thin Scared Stray Cat ....

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what to do at this point.....I've been feeding this cat for about 10 days now...I started feeding him when I noticed and wobbly and super thin he is....I decided to bring him inside this past weekend...cause of bad weather and fireworks going on....
I've tried on social media to find his owners with no luck...as well no luck with rescues they are telling me they are over flowing this time of the year with strays...
I am already at my limits with 4 cats and 2 dogs....he spent the weekend with my dogs not much of an issue....But with the cats....I have to keep them totally apart...the stray who has been named Jack freaks out even just seeing them....through a glass door...
I have to decide on what to do...not sure I can keep him ..he isn't neutered either and about a year old...I have no idea if he will mellow out once neutered how long would it take for him to get used to my other cats....But I have my plate very full these days....as a huge animal lover this pains me the other place that will take him is a kill shelter....any suggestions on what the heck to do with him...he can't live in a bedroom forever :(

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try posting on Craig's list. Perhaps there is another animal lover who has room for one more rescue. Sometimes there are people there as well who have lost a pet and may be looking for another but can't afford a shelter adoption fee

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking the kitty inside. You could sign up to be a foster parent for the cat and get him adopted. Normally the rescue organization pays for the vet bills and makes sure the cat is spayed or neutered and is healthy. The organization I did this for holds adoptions on the weekends at pet stores. It's a great way to help a stray cat that you can not keep. If you decide to do this call around for organizations that have a foster program.

caelesto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes it really sucks being an animal lover. :/ He can't stay in a bedroom forever, but a short stay might not be so bad. (I'm going on two weeks with a kitty in the bedroom, me sleeping on the couch with the other 2 cats.) Not sure if it's the same near you, but here there are a lot of small organizations who will take in homeless cats and put them with foster homes and never let them go to kill shelters. I had never heard of any of them until I became friends with someone who works for one. It might take a lot of digging around on the internet, but maybe you could find one within a reasonable distance from your home.

Hope you can find a solution, whatever it happens to be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If anyone is wondering .. I took Jack ( yes he was given a name ) to the vets this evening he has a nasty abcess that needed to be look at ... and the vet offered to neuter him right then and there ... so I agreed they called me like 40 mins later it was all done and I pick him up at 9 am ...smh I guess I have another cat ❤