Very Snuggly And Follows Me Everywhere

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My rescue cat, Pixie, follows me everywhere. He also climbs into my lap no matter what room we are in. He also stands up on his back legs and holds his arms up into the air, asking to be held. When I pick him up, he puts his arms around my neck, nuzzles me with his nose, and rests his head on my shoulder. He lets me carry him like this everywhere. When I am not in the same room as him, he will walk around and look for me while meowing. He also purrs very loudly when we are snuggling. Is this normal? He is a rescue kitty, I think it may be a possibility he was someone else's house cat at one time because when he "found" me, he was already well socialized, and wasn't skittish at all. He found me two days after hubby and I moved into our apartment, and made himself completely at home a month after we moved in. Is this normal in an abandoned kitty or is this his personality? Is anyone else's cat like this?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think you should consider yourself very lucky. ;) Pixie sounds like an absolute sweetheart. :lovecat4:

Our cat came from a terrible hoarder and after medical intervention was adopted out then returned to the shelter. He endeared himself to us and just like your Pixie he follows me everywhere, sleeps beside me, etc. I consider him to be very special and feel extremely fortunate to give him his forever home. :hearthrob:

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Very normal. He picked you. I have a snuggler too. She likes sleeping on my chest at night. Follows me all day long. Purrs whenever I pet her. Licks me all the time too. Makes biscuits with her special blanket. I am truly blessed. She was someone else's kitty but she had been tripping the lady and she was having mobility issues so I suspect thats why they wanted to rehome her as it was probably a situation where the owner would be moving to assisted living. Although the atory they told me was her owner died and family left her to fend for herself and she was living outside begging for food fron neighbors. For which I will be eternally grateful that they called me. She's my baby and her sis pumpkin face likes to keep tabs on her as well.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How long has it been since Pixie found you and moved in? Maybe he's still getting used to having a family again. Or, of course, he just might be a super loving and affectionate cat. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
rubysmama, Pixie found us in December 2017. At first he just came around for food, and he let me pet him and hold him. In January he decided to stay and made himself at home with us. He knew exactly what to do and how to do them, like using the litter box. I showed him where his two litter boxes are, and he started using them right away. :gingercat:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive is like this. She was a twice abandoned pet and she is super snuggly, on my lap for hours. She’s mildly afraid of Gohan and will gallop into a room with him straight to me for snuggles. When she wants to be closer than my lap, she will put her paws on my shoulders and put her head right at my face. She wants me to lie down so she can curl under my chin. Sometimes it’s hard to breathe. :lol:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some cats just like being around people. Cats did domesticate themseleves I've always figured that there has to be some part of them that likes being around humans for more than just an easy food source.

My girl came from a hoarder/feral colony type situation. She didn't have human contact until she was four months old. It took her a little while to warm to humans and realize she wouldn't be hurt. She still is cautious around people she doesn't know but with her family? She loves being in the middle of everything and loves attention. She constantly follows me around and will sit on top of me whenever she is given the chance. In fact, this is the scene right now...

IMG_20180610_090136.jpg

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
D232B517-5002-42A1-AAA6-0B8806BBA0B8.jpeg
My Bengal is like this. I know I am very fortunate because it’s not always typical of the breed.

I found her through a re-home page on Facebook of all places. The family had two small kids and it set off her anxiety. She started peeing in plants and shaking up high on her cat tree so the family knew she needed a new home.

I’ve had her for almost a year and she is my shadow. She has never slipped up with her litter box or showed any anxiety at my house. She greets me when I come home, is on my lap as I type this (but as soon as I sit anywhere she sets up shop), she sleeps with me at night. She sleeps in my left armpit, head on the pillow, under the covers :)She gets along fabulously with my senior dog. I’ve trained her to walk on a leash and she will go anywhere with me.

I know I am very lucky to have her. I just wish she wouldn't yowl to go outside all the time LOL...

Kaz-W

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is very affectionate to both me and my husband. She will jump on my husband then on me she likes to share the love. She sleeps with us of a night but will start waking us from 5 am onwards for her breakfast. We adore her and she us. I adopted her from my cousin who had young children and I think she appreciates the time we give her.

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel better for reading these posts. Melody was a rescue after several months at HS shelters and I don't know how long before that at a next-state-over shelter that was overcrowded.

She was plainly well-socialized, because she is perfect on her littering--maybe too exuberant at covering--but always in the box. She is very well-mannered and does not act like she was abused in her earlier life.

But, she also follows me everywhere; When there is a squirrel on the porch she is raptly watching, she will come find me if I am out of the room for more than a minute or so.

She isn't a sit-in-lap cat, but she will snuggle on the bed repeatedly. Snuggle is the one word I know she recognizes. And, she has started asking for snuggles herself if she wants them other than the 'usual' times; she looks at the bed and plaintively meows at me. Or, will jump onto the bed when I enter the room. Her favorite times are when I am especially tired and nap on the bed with her.

I do worry a bit, because she is alone while I am at work. But, we need to eat and she cannot hold job--lazy thing that she is. I do my best to 'enrich' her environment--2 trees, open drapes in every room with a window. Bird feeder that also doubles--unintentionally--as a squirrel feeder. Cat video on the DVD looping throughout the day. [I try to play when I am home/not sleeping. But, she is not a play-with-me cat except for the odd time or two that her evil twin takes over. Is it bad that I named her evil twin 'Malady'.......]