_put a garbage bag on my litterbox so I can throw it easier

_ open the window because other doors are closed

please HELP me!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
and mom said to scoop poop every hour or so..

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me too I have the same problem with my 3 month old kitten
she is newly adopted but the smell drives my mom nuts
I also hate the smell its damp and smely:doh3:
I dont want my mom to clean and clean (I help of course
but the place the kitten sleeps and eats and poops
is in front of my parents room) guys Im realy scared
that the smell would always come back and its my first
time owning a cat I read all cat websites and sign in
but this problem is awful..... :sigh: :greenpaw:

guys is what Im doing right?
_ change the litter every 2 days
_put a garbage bag on my litterbox so I can throw it easier
_ open the window because other doors are closed
please HELP me!!!!!:wait:
What are you feeding your cat and what kind of litter do you use?

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alot of litter box problems were people are cleaning regularly and it still smells are caused by improper ventilation. Look were the air ducts and returns are. Your air-conditioning system might be sucking the smell upwards.

Last edited:

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@talkingpeanut
The litter is unscented and its called KITTY WHITE

We feed my alice dry food and chicken with mashed Potatos and carrots (we started feesing her the mashed vegetables today.. and she LoVeD it!) ... we mix the dry food the mashed vegetables and chicken for her main meals but at night just the dry food....
And oh for all of you who have kittens how to make them sleep and makeup like you?? My mom has to deal with alice for a loooong time before I makeup and alice meows constantly to get out of her kittens proof room.. and its in front of my parents room so they have to deal with the nonstop meawing!![emoji]128557[/emoji] I dont want to tire them out because its my pet,responsiblity,baby... I dont want to tire them out...and she DOESNT like catnip!!!! I spray it on her bed and everything but still sleep on the floor and in other rooms[emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] because vacation is finishing soon and I want her to sleeeeeep earlyyy!!!! Because of school my siblings and of course my parents !

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wakeup*
I hate typos[emoji]128548[/emoji]

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@talkingpeanut
The litter is unscented and its called CAT WHITE

We feed my alice dry food and chicken with mashed Potatos and carrots (we started feesing her the mashed vegetables today.. and she LoVeD it!) ... we mix the dry food the mashed vegetables and chicken for her main meals but at night just the dry food....
And oh for all of you who have kittens how to make them sleep and makeup like you?? My mom has to deal with alice for a loooong time before I makeup and alice meows constantly to get out of her kittens proof room.. and its in front of my parents room so they have to deal with the nonstop meawing!![emoji]128557[/emoji] I dont want to tire them out because its my pet,responsiblity,baby... I dont want to tire them out...and she DOESNT like catnip!!!! I spray it on her bed and everything but still sleep on the floor and in other rooms[emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] because vacation is finishing soon and I want her to sleeeeeep earlyyy!!!! Because of school my siblings and of course my parents !

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it clumping litter? What is the day food you are feeding? Do you play with her?

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@talkingpeanut
The litter is unscented and its called CAT WHITE

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leen and alice leen and alice

The best way to make a kitten go to sleep is to tire them out by playing with them for about an hour before you want them to sleep. Just make sure she's good and tired out (also don't use your hands/feet to play with her or she will start to think its ok to scratch and bite your hands and feet, use propper toys).

Is there any other way you can adopt another kitten? Kittens do best in pairs, so that they always have someone to play with.

Also, it is waaaaaaaaay better for cats to eat wet food than dry, as dry has A LOT of grains and vegetables that cats can't digest well or absorb nutrients from (cats are carnivores so they need a lot of meat in their diet, but can't digest vegetables very well). Dry food also has very little meat.

Cats who eat mainly dry food are also at higher risk for obesity and feline diabetes, as well as urinary tract problems.

Wet food also contains most of the moisture a cat needs to stay hydrated. Whereas dry food contains little to no moisture, so cats that eat mainly dry food often do not get enough water (even if they have a water bowl out at all times, many cats will not drink enough, which is what causes urinary tract problems).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not sure where you are located; but I would stop feeding her the potatoes and vegetables.  Cats need to eat primarily meat.  Because they don't digest other things as well; that can cause more odors in the litter box.  I can always tell when Noodles has gotten into Mooch's fish flavored wet food (which I only give occasionally anyway) because the litter box will reek!!  Every cat is different; some tolerate more or less of things like fish and beef; but they all need a meat based diet. 

Having said that; where you live will affect what sorts of food you can get for her.  Just be sure it says it is complete.  Also be sure you are feeding her enough for her weight and growth.  The nutrition forum can give you a lot more information.

Also be sure you have enough litter in the box (3-4") so that when you scoop it is easier to get it all.  If it reaches the bottom; you will have a smelly litter box a lot faster.  

Raina21 gave you good advice about tiring her out before bed.  She is young so she is going to need a good deal of your attention.  I do agree that having 2 can help solve a lot of kitten mischief problems; but if that isn't possible just be sure you play with her several times a day and wear her out before bed. Then feed her dinner right before you go to sleep.  She will likely mellow as she gets older; but not for a while yet.  

It's fairly common that kittens do not react to catnip.  That can change as she gets older; so don't give up on it yet. 

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh my god.. thanks alot guys!!!

ok Ill tell you how it went

first of all the litterbox problen: it turns out that I wasent putting enough litter

so the smell ws very obvious  but now after I filled it with more litter the smell has got much

better!!

then comes the sleeping problem.. yesterday me and my family played and played with her..we let her have a few naps in the morning and afternoon and short ones after that..

because every time she sllep I woke her by her food or putting a string around her or giving her a treat (but  not too much ..maybe she ate about 5) and heolding her and putting her in her kitten proof room (she always wakes up in there.. dont know why) then came her sleeping time I put her some dry food and of course water and brought her a pillow she liked from the living room..turned of the lights..closed the door..............the moment of tuth

NOT EVEEN A SINGLE  MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!

I got a bit scared so I took a look and she was sleeping like a sleeping beauty! she was exhausted!+-+

thanx 4 everyone that helped I appreciat that...but Ive got several more questions,,

my Alice is 3 months old and 45 cm (from head to tail)  how long do you think she will be when shes fully grown?

and in what age kittens become fully grown in other words..a Cat????
 problems getting better

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Guys help!!
Alice has a fever!!

I noticed it yesterday but today it got worst!! She is sleeping ALOT and in weird posetions she meows with her mouth closed she ate her food but when I smell a (poop) smell from her I take her to her litter box..Im ever so worried help

Im talking her to the vet first thing tomorrow..I feel that I have. A fever too .. is it contageouse?

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Whenever a fever is present, best to assume that it is contagious just to be on the safe side. I always isolate a sick cat and practice good hand hygiene before and after handling the cat.

Good that you are getting Alice to the vet in the morning. Please keep us updated!

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanx for your helpful reply! She is still sleeping but gets up to another place to ..well you guessed..sleep Again I feel that shes getting a bit better! She got up twice to either run or play with plastic bags ( she LoVeS them even more than boxes)[emoji]128514[/emoji] but after that she become VERY lazy again I hate see omg her like that it just breaks my heart[emoji]128148[/emoji] I love her ever so much and I hope she recovers very soon and the vet will give her a nice medicien ...I hope its not seriousely though..[emoji]128557[/emoji] I will keep you updated if anything happens[emoji]128515[/emoji]
I did as you said and washed my hands several time then locked her in her kitten proof room with lots of toys and plastic bags to keep her occupied of course her litterbox ,food ,beds and comfy places for her to sleep[emoji]128521[/emoji]

Last edited:

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday before giong to sleep she got super duper active![emoji]128515[/emoji] Alice started playing,running,jumping,chasing,running in circles,biting... well that was very great then I went to sleep and put her in her kitten proof room well she meowed a bit but then slept and today shes better than ever! Im thinking of not taking her to the vet now that she's all active and hyper..what do you think??