Very sick kitten...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Consistent fever that doesn’t respond to antibiotics (not sure if she got antibiotics at the vet or not), lethargy, not eating, and eye issues (like uveitis) in a younger cat could possibly be a presentation of FIP. Not to scare you especially since the eye thing you described doesn’t quite sound like uveitis but did they do any blood tests?

Micaela227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Consistent fever that doesn’t respond to antibiotics (not sure if she got antibiotics at the vet or not), lethargy, not eating, and eye issues (like uveitis) in a younger cat could possibly be a presentation of FIP. Not to scare you especially since the eye thing you described doesn’t quite sound like uveitis but did they do any blood tests?
I'm sorry, what is FIP?

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, what is FIP?
Feline infectious peritonitis, it’s a disease caused by a mutation of the feline coronavirus. It can be difficult to diagnose but there are two main forms - wet, where fluid builds up in the abdomen or around the lungs and dry which is less visible and usually involves inflammation of internal organs. It usually affects kittens and young cats, and it’s common for it to cause ocular issues as the virus can get into a cat’s eyes.

mentat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh C chickpea616 , I am so so sorry. Let us know if you need to talk or question anything. Little Rain isn't in pain or discomfort anymore. FUO cats are very difficult to souse out, especially when it recurs despite anti-inflammatory and rehydration. It would've been quite a list to get through diagnostics wise while she continued to not respond to supportive care. Euthanasia is a very selfless, kind decision you gifted her with and she thanks you, no doubt. Big Hug.
Stars heaven Eskimo Legend Pet Death.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.