Very Pet-Friendly Places in Columbus, OH?

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know this is a long shot, but thought I'd see if anyone has any recommendations for VERY pet-friendly places in Columbus, OH? I am looking to rent, and I have a small dog and five kitties. I know the independently-owned places are generally the way to go, but anyone have any specific leads? Thanks!

flintmccullough

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This will get you started. I don't know the area. 

You could try looking in the classified, for the independent owned ones, that list pets allowed. Sometimes you can negoiate the number of pets allowed and/or the deposit, whatever you agree on, get it in writing.

You could also put an ad in the paper, looking for apt to rent, have cats and dogs, very well behaved, up to date on shots, excellent vet references. 

Good luck. 

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Ohio/Columbus/?&sort=ispet-desc&page=1

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in the Columbus OH area.  I don't know of any apartment complexes that would accept that many pets.  The complex that I live in allows two pets which is why I have 2 cats.  One of them has ended up with much higher than average vet bills and they will both be 11 this spring which will add to vet bills so I think its good that I was limited to 2.  I will keep my eyes and ears open for any possibilities that aren't part of the usual rental market.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

I have been using general search engines, but I always come up with the traditional corporate-owned places that only allow two. I have found a few other places, but they were out of my price range/way too large (I don't need a two bed/two bath for just me! Imagine the cleaning!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not having much luck yet, though I haven't dived TOO deep. I just had a huge fight with my current landlady though (she's the worst sort of person), and I just want out of here so badly. Part of me is considering lying about how many I have and going into a place with a two pet rule, but it would probably just backfire in my face. Ugggh, I am so stressed about this!